Caudalie Vinotherapie Nourishing Body Lotion

Caudalie Vinotherapie Nourishing Body Lotion

Review of "Caudalie Vinotherapie Nourishing Body Lotion"

published 04/09/2012 | labellavita1992
Member since : 02/03/2011
University graduate. Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle blogger. www.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk
Pro Scent. Nice/easy to use. Smoothes, soothes and hydrates. Natural ingred. Packaging.
Cons Full price is quite expensive, in my opinion
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Another great product from Caudalie!"

Image taken from a larger photograph on my blog (ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk)

Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion

I bought a set of travel size Caudalie products and this was one of the products in the set. I have a lot of body moisturisers and body butters so I really didn’t need more but I am really glad that I bought the set – even just for this product.

- Product description (from feelunique.com)

“Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion is a rich, hydrating body treatment, enriched with plant-derived ingredients that provides intense nutrition and anti-oxidant action to your skin. Unctuous, it encourages micro-circulation and helps prevent premature skin aging. Caudalie Vinotherapie Nourishing Body Lotion can also be used by pregnant women as it promotes micro-circulation and can help to prevent stretch marks.”

- About the product

As I bought this product in a set it is only a travel size bottle and the bottle is 30ml which is a great size for travelling – I did take this product on holiday with me this year (18-25 august 2012) and it was a life saver! This lotion does not contain parabens, phenoxyethanol, phthalate and it is dermatologically tested. Also quite a few of the ingredients are derived from plants too. This lotion is aimed at people with normal to dry skin and it claims to: soften, tone and make the skin more radiant.

- Scent

The scents of all the caudalie products I have tried have been really nice and this one is no exception, in my opinion anyway. As I used this product while on holiday in the Mediterranean the scent of this product now reminds me of my holiday there which is probably why I love the scent. The scent smells like a mixture of sunscreen and a slight perfume. The scent is really fresh, light and summery smelling which I love. Although on me this scent does not last as long as I would like it too unfortunately.

- Using this product and results

I have used up all of the 30ml bottle in roughly 10-11 days which isn’t that great but while on holiday I was using this product twice a day (in the morning and in the evening, after a shower). While on holiday I used this body lotion as an after sun, I did not use any other body lotion/moisturised bar this one on holiday and it worked amazingly well, for me. I used a large pea sized amount of this product for each arm/leg etc so I did go through this product really quite quickly. This lotion applies so nicely because of the smooth, creamy consistency of the lotion and because of the light consistency which allows the product to glide across the skin so quickly and easily. The lotion while being used releases the gorgeous fresh scent which is really quite uplifting and summery. After massaging the lotion into my skin, the areas which were tanned and slightly sunburned were almost immediately soothed and hydrated by this product. While using this product on holiday I did not need to use any other lotion and I did not experience any flaking associated with sunburn while using this product too.

After application it does not take long at all for this lotion to absorb; it takes about two minutes or so for the lotion to have absorbed into my skin. This product leaves my skin feeling soothed, smooth, softer and slightly more toned but this effect is not major. This lotion also has a slight cooling effect I find which is great when used on tanned skin and sunburn. Overall, this product has a really nice texture/consistency, it glides onto the skin quickly and easily, it has a really nice scent (although the scent will not be to everyone’s taste) and the lotion leaves my skin soothed, hydrated, smooth and slightly scented.

- Price and availability

I bought this product as part of a set for £10.53 which is a good price in my opinion and it is a great way of trying various travel size caudalie products (I bought the set from lookfantastic). This product can be purchased individually for £26-£21 from Feelunique, for a 400ml bottle. I will be buying the full size when I have used up some of the many other body lotions/butters that I have accumulated.

Conclusions

Positives
  • Easy to use
  • Scent – fresh, light and summery – not overpowering, in my opinion
  • Lives up to its claims and it really soothes my skin, especially when it is tanned and slightly sunburnt
  • Smoothes, softens and slightly tones my skin too – although the toning effect is not major
  • Packaging, use of natural ingredients, great brand
  • Does not leave my skin greasy or heavy and it does not irritate my skin

Negatives
*Full price is quite expensive

• IzzyS published 09/09/2012
    Great review, nicely spaced out. Sounds good.
  • Jake_Speed published 05/09/2012
    Ace review.
  • Violet1278 published 05/09/2012
    This is one of my favourite makes- all their products are outstanding. An excellent review.x