Review of "Cayman Islands"

published 22/12/2006 | hx55
Member since : 21/12/2006
Pro landscape
Cons crowd
Sightseeing
Shopping
Nightlife
Ease of getting around

"A Gorgeous, Peaceful Place!"

We went to Grand Cayman for sun, snorkeling, and intensive sun worship. While I first considered the resorts on 7 Mile Beach, they just didn't feel right. Too big, too many resorts, too many people; no solitude, unless you went underwater!
The Turtle Nest Inn suited us perfectly! It was right on the beach, with sand to wiggle the toes in, or a great poolside patio to watch the water and clouds parade past. We spent our first full day at the pool/beach, and had the whole place to ourselves; nobody within sight up or down the beach!
The snorkeling out front was very good, with the water depth always less than 5', and good coral and fish. We saw tangs, stingrays, snapper, puffers, barracuda, and parrot fish. Swimming would not be as good due to the coral, but a little further down the beach there were sandy areas.
The apartment was roomy, and very thoughtfully equipped. All needs were anticipated. The owners are warm & friendly, and able to arrange island trips and help with sight-seeing plans. The Thursday night dinner is a great social and culinary event; not to be missed!

• Julieshobs published 27/12/2006
    Hi and welcome, comments as below would have liked to have read more about all the islands etc. Let me know if you edit and I will gladly re-rate for you. Jules.
  • elspeth334 published 22/12/2006
    More information would have gained you a higher rating. ie more about the islands, how to get there, price etc If you update I will happily rerate Cheers Elspeth

Product Information : Cayman Islands