Celebrate The Bullet - Selecter (The)

Celebrate The Bullet - Selecter (The)

1 CD(s) - 2 Tone Ska - Label: Captain Mod - Distributor: Plastic Head; Captain Oi - Released: 18/06/2001 - 5032556201827

Review of "Celebrate The Bullet - Selecter (The)"

published 07/04/2008 | AJUK
Member since : 21/12/2005
Pro Catchy, listenable and memorable
Cons Its quite short and difficult to get hold of.
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"A real 2 Tone classic!"

I had herd the Single Celebrate the Bullet on a live ska revival album I liked it so much I download the studio album version and it was great, so I decided to take a chance on the whole album.

It seems to be one of those rare albums where I like every single track.
The album has a good start with Facing Situations, an upbeat Ska track, things then get even better with the funky sounding Deep Water. The next two tracks are of equally high quality so by the time I I herd Bonb Scare I was wondering why I hadn't herd of any of these tracks before on one of those ska compilations. When listening to Bomb Scare I can just close my eyes and envisage some sort of 80's music video.

The next is the title track Celebrate the Bullet an anti war song with one of the best guitar and bass riffs I have herd for a long time. After this you are treated to Selling Out Your Future is another very track with its own more reggae sound and a mixture of vocals from both Pauline Black and and another male vocalist (Arthur 'Gaps' Hendrickson?) It has a slightly eary feel to it but the next track Cool Blue Lady will bring you back up to speed a very upbeat track that will get your feet tapping. The penultimate track is the very slow and extremely eary sounding Their Dream Goes On, which is not the sort of track you want to listen to on your own at night, but it is excellent, and really had an urban night feel to it. The final track Bristol And Miami is one of the best of the bunch, with its really catch up beat chorus, its the perfect outro to this underrated album

• Bens__mummy published 07/04/2008
    good review there. x
  • lustba published 07/04/2008
    A helpful review.

offers "Celebrate The Bullet - Selecter (The)"