Review of "Central Park"

published 04/03/2017 | diddldonna
Member since : 05/04/2012
I have returned to this site after having a break from reviewing and have come back as really miss the community and building up trust and friendship. Due to my break I need to catch up on my ratings for others please bare with me :) thank you.
Pro beautiful and relaxing.
Cons Huge
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"Wow Just Wow"

Central Park

Central Park

You see Central Park on Tv and in films, however you really don't understand the beauty of this park unless you visit.

The Park is open from 6am to 1am

The Park is 2.5 miles long and half a mile wide (843 acres).

We visited Central Park the day we was leaving, big mistake we should have given this park a lot more of our time. Oh well this means we need to go back to explore more.

We entered the park via the south east corner near to Plaza Hotel, there was several horse and carriages located here but we chose to explore the park at our own pace. We did note that the carriage rides cost $54 dollar which is £44 on todays exchange rate, this is something we believed we should have done watching them go around the park. People looked really cosy and happy riding on one and the drivers sharing there knowledge looked interesting. You can also hire bikes to explore the parks, I need to be fitter to try this option but looked a really good option.

There are maps located at various locations to check where you are, please note the park is much larger than you think and takes longer to explore than you really can imagine. Make sure you invest in good walking shoes for the best comfort. There are plenty of benches to stop at along your way, which i did use a lot. We also came across park rangers who can help with information to get around the park and if your lost.

Eating in Central Park:
My suggestion is take a picnic which we sort of did we picked up some rolls, drinks and crisps and sat on a bench and ate them while watching the world go by. Other options include several restaurants/cafes we came across walking through the park and food carts.

Toilets:
We found free ones located at a cafe located at the south west corner which were very clean. There is several other locations throughout and can be discovered on the park maps, my suggestion is go before you enter the park just incase you do loose yourself.

Photos:
Take a good camera you really can take some wonderful photos in this park. I have added some on my review but have many more from the beautiful day in the park.

Sports:
People were jogging through the park alone and doing personal exercises. You can also find baseball courts, cycling paths, basket ball courts, tennis courts and much more. You can also do some fishing, these fish must be returned to the water.

Other Places to visit in the Park:
Central Park Zoo
Strawberry Fields (John Lennon memorial)
Belvedere Castle
Carousel
Minton Tile Ceiling at Bethesda Terrace (Amazing to look at)
Wollman Rink
Conservatory Water (Sailing Boats and small speed boats)
The Mall and Literary Walk (Some great people playing music here)

Plus many gardens, lawns and water areas to explore.

Please be careful of people trying to sell you raffle tickets and other things, however this is just a typical New York thing. However there are some good sellers in the park with stalls which look genuine and have some lovely items.

There are various statues around the park to look at including Alice in wonderland, Hans christian Anderson, to name a few.

There is also guided tours which we wish we had also tried and more details can be found here: http://www.centralparknyc.org/tours/ we saw several groups on these tours and they appeared interesting, we overheard what they was saying and they provided tips and facts which you may not have known.

I have a big regret of my time in New York that we didn't give more time to this park as it deserves exploring more as its juts so beautiful. When your in the middle of the park you can not hear any of the traffic surrounding the park and this makes you feel like your not in a busy city.

• euphie published 14/03/2017