Century Of Cricket (DVD)

Century Of Cricket (DVD)

Featuring archive film footage from days gone by including action from W.G. Grace. Present day players include Rodney Marsh and Derek Randall.

Review of "Century Of Cricket (DVD)"

published 11/05/2006 | mitchell91
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Lots of footage, Features some amazing shots bowls and catches
Cons A lot of black and white footage
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"Excellent DVD for a cricket fan"

A Century of Cricket is probably the best DVD I have purchased for under £5.Presented by David Gower, it features some of Crickets greatest players such as: Sir Donald Bradman, Viv Anderson, W B Grace, Brian Lara and Shane Warne.

The DVD lasts in total for about two hours. As expected from the title the footage begins in the early 1900's, where limited footage of early cricket is shown.

Some bonus features of the DVD include: Full One Day International Records; Full Test Cricket Records; Comprehensive First Class Records; Profiles On Top 40 Cricketers Of All Time; Special Section On Top 5 Greatest Ever Players. Also includes footage of Gloustershire's four consecutive one day trophy wins.

If I was asked what my favourite section of the DVD was then I would probably say the ashes footage form the 1930's. Seeing Don Bradman failing to reach an average of 100 after being bowled for a duck in his last test, made me feel extremely sympathetic for such a talented cricketer and an ambassador to the sport.

It was wonderful to see how friendly some opponents were to each other both on and off the field. As an England fan, some of the ashes footage was painful to watch however, seeing Mike Gatting captaining that ashes side of '81 really brought a smaile to my face. I was astounded at the ability of players who were playing before I was born and how I wished that I could have watched them play live.

My personal opinion of this DVD is that it is a must have for cricket fans of all ages. I feel that no other cricketing DVD compiles such a wide variaty of footage into one DVD. I fully recommend purchasing this item for yourself or any cricket fan you know. I am sure, like myself they will thoroughly enjoy it.

• orionmoo published 11/05/2006
    great review, mitch!
  • eddave1471 published 11/05/2006
    sounds good as i am a cricket fan!
  • justlikeapill published 11/05/2006