Challenge ARG 833 Silver/RED

Challenge ARG 833 Silver/RED

Handheld Cleaner - Rechargeable Power Supply - Bagless - without HEPA Filter

Review of "Challenge ARG 833 Silver/RED"

published 14/11/2006 | littlewelshminx
Member since : 10/11/2006
Pro Recharger stand that also houses the accessories.
Cons Not very powerful, poor suction, Little collection chamber.
Performance
Noise
Safety

"Challenge, should be renamed waste of money."

I initially wanted a small compact cleaner for those little clean up jobs around the house and for the car.

I found this product in the Argos and looked forward to getting it home and try it out.
It does look trend and stylish and doesn't look cluttered on the end of the kitchen counter and doesn't take up to much space. But when your friends come round and knock over the ashtray, it's quite embarrassing when they go to use this to clean it up. (As it doesn't)

The accessories are a stand that the cleaner sits in and chargers up. The stand has little points on it that you keep your attachment on, which are a motorised rotating brush, extension nossal, extension brush and filter for wet spills.

The motorised rotating brush which has to be attached to the end then with a cord, plugged into the end of the cleaner. I thought this would be useful for the rugs but after a couple of minutes I soon discovered that without the filter fitted the dust then enters the inside of the motor and clogs up the workings. After an hour cleaning it all out and fitting the filter I then started again.

I soon discovered that with the filter the suction was not almost none existent. It didn't even pick up the smallest of crumbs or even the dust from those little corners of your room.

This cleaner was a big let down and if I were the type of person who didn't mind taking things back because I didn't like it I would of. My friend asked a couple of days later if she should buy one and I strongly recommended her not to. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

To add to the poor suction the thing sounds like you've got the blender and hairdryer on at the same time, very annoying. You would find it hard the listen to the radio when you're cleaning the car. Which you would need as it would take you at least an hour, you'd be better with a dust pan and brush.

• drow22 published 14/11/2006
    I had one of these and ended up throwing it in the bin it was rubbish a total wasted of money.
  • sunmeilan published 14/11/2006
    I bought one of these, also from Argos. It worked OK....for two weeks, then it packed in and has not worked since. I should have complained, but it was cheap. I won't be buying a replacement anyway. Melony
  • Nar published 14/11/2006
    Did you use this cordless without the filter in place?? A good review but I found parts of it confusing. It is a wet and dry cordless 7.2volt dust buster really designed to pick up crumbs and pet hair and it doesnt surprise me that it doesnt pick up if you removed the filter - seems like you may well have damaged it inadvertently which is why it doesnt pick up anymore. The fact that it has a removeable filter is purely for cleaning it after use...