mumsymary 5

Member since:23.09.2002

Video reviews:1

Champion supermarket

10.09.2008

Advantages:
good stock

Disadvantages:
none

Price

Layout & presentation

Selection & range

Waiting / queues

City / Branch addressFrance

Frequency of visitMonthly

AvailabilityI usually find what I am looking for

In store customer serviceGood

3. silverstreak
  1. suehome
  2. Secre
  3. patriciat

Champion is the second largest supermarket chain in France. They are one of the Carrefour group. Champion supermarkets are also in other countries Belgium, Spain, Poland, Greece and Turkey and in South America, Argentina, Brazil. But I have only shopped in them in France. The first store opened in October 1969 in Bayeux France.

Champion supermarkets are much like other large supermarkets I guess. There is a large store in Calais and Champion sell brand name items and their own label items too .They sell household items for cleaning, other household items too brushes , crockery , toiletries ,dairy products, meat fresh vegetables tinned food , chilled foods , ready made meals , frozen foods. Wine. Several familiar British goods are available Lots of things more than I remember.

The items for sale are displayed fairly well notices to tell you which product in which aisle, my French just about good enough to understand these. The champions I have been in are fairly well laid out aisles a reasonable width. Trolleys are as good as British ones and you need a euro to get one just like you need a pound in the UK.

The stores I have been in are clean enough; I have used their public loos which are passable.

If we are self catering or camping we tend to go to champion to stock up on food and bits for the week too . There is a large store in Calais ideal for us to buy wine to take home , this store attracts many day shopping trippers to France. After a holiday in France we stocked up here with wine for my daughters wedding a few years ago

Champion supermarkets have web sites just like tesco and other stores have, home delivery is available. Just search champion supermarkets and you well get a list of stores and sites.
In the specific criteria it asks how often I visit the options were not wide enough for me to put once maybe twice a year so I put monthly the other near option was never .

Have a good day Mary

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

Expired-Account 15.09.2008 09:58

I've been to many European supermarkets, I always find them a bit and can never quite put my finger on it, nevermind, nicely reviewed

tallulahbang 14.09.2008 15:39

'The first store opened in October 1969 in Bayeux France. ' Oh please, oh please, oh please let their opening sale have been on tapestries. xx

catsholiday 13.09.2008 19:43

French supermarkets are so much more interesting than ours I always think!. Good review. Sue