Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Toilette

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Toilette

for Women

Review of "Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Toilette"

published 21/06/2003 | jo1l
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro It smells wonderful
Cons the price
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"This lady has real class"

Everyone has what is their signature perfume, that perfume that you know is just them. Dior's Poison will always remind me of a dear friend who practically bathed in the stuff. CK Obsession will always be my little Sister and Chanel no 5 will always remind me of my Mum when I was a small child. For years Givenchy's Amarige was my perfume of choice it was my signature perfume. I flirted with numerous different perfumes over the years as my dressing table will show testament to this fact, but I always returned to the perfume that never let me down unlike others now cluttering up my dressing table. From Calvin Klein to Chanel via Estee Lauder and a dabble with Dior I always returned back to Amarige.Unfortunately my love affair with Amarige is now over I have finally found what is my perfume. A simple bottle baring the name Coco Mademoiselle.

Coco Mademoiselle ( CM) shouldn't be mixed up with her older Sister, Coco Chanel CM is a lighter more fresher scent.Whereas Coco Chanel is a more heavier citrus dominated scent more suitable for evening wear than daywear.CM was produced to compliment the Coco Chanel perfume by updating it, giving it a more 21st Century feel. CM was launched last year. The first new Chanel perfume in six years since the l996 launch of Allure. Marketed for the the independent, sensual but provocative woman of the 21st century.

Coco Chanel held dear the maxim that more is less "Always remove always strip away, never add" Thus a Chanel product will not be entwined with tea roses or in your face gold leaf patterns nothing so vulgar would be embossed on a Chanel box please! After a brief dabble with a muted salmon pink on the Allure box Chanel went back to their signature packaging of white with understated black writing with just a hint of gold on the lid and around the edges of the box for CM. This type of packaging is just so Chanel. It works because it is so easily recognised as being a Chanel product. Understated but every so classy, oozing quality and expensiveness by being a touch austere.

The bottle again is just so Chanel. You can imagine it being picked out way back in the 20's when Coco Chanel first launched the neo classic perfume Chanel no 5. It is the typical Chanel bottle, square shaped with the name of the perfume tastefully etched on it within a gold edged square of frosted glass. Around the neck of the bottle again is the simple Chanel logo and toped of with the classic Chanel square stopper.

CM was produced by the Chanel nose Jacques Polge. Polge bought us other Chanel perfumes such as Coco Chanel, Allure and Egotise. Polge wanted to update Coco Chanel by producing a more feminine but casual perfume. He stripped away the heavy citrus and heseridean top notes of Coco Chanel keeping only a hint of their freshness. Coco Chanel is a voluptuous and some what sensual perfume but also rather heavy, Polge moved away from this to create a more casual but equally sensual perfume in CM that could be used at any time of the day. Coco Chanel is most definitely an evening perfume.

Chanel market the CM as a fresh, oriental perfume.
The notes of the perfume are:
Top notes : Sicilian Orange, Calabrian Bergamot.
Middle notes : Morning Rose note, Oriental Jasmine.
Base notes : Indonesian Patchouli, Haitian Vetiver, Vanilla from Réunion, White Musk.

On first spraying as with most perfumes you're greeted with that array of different smells all jumbled up. Within about 5 minutes this soon settles down into a very classy but some what sensual scent.It is a light semi fresh perfume. Now when I think oriental I always think of heavy perfumes such as Obsession or Opium so in all honesty CM is not an oriental type perfume in my mind. what you have is a some what sensual but light perfume. It is not a crisp scent in the way that CK One is, there's no way CM could be a unisex perfume is it is most definitely a feminine perfume! What I notice is a very slight vanilla smell with a hint of orange and roses.The patchouli is also recgonisable but not in that hideous in your face way that patchouli oil is instantly recognisable. You can just about make out a subtle touch of white musk The perfume is one that lingers but not in an in your face way that other stronger perfumes do.I'm not too sure if it's because I have the Eau de Parfum but it really does last, you're not be respraying this one every hour or so.It really is a sensual perfume that just shouts class!

As with all Chanel perfumes it comes the following:

Eau de Parfum: 30mls, 50mls and 100mls
Eau de Toilette: 50mls and 100mls
The body range includes: body lotion, moisture mist, bath gel and a soap.

Chanel perfumes are not cheap I was lucky enough to buy mine in the duty free at JFK airport in New York. I paid just over $50 (£32) for a 50 ml bottle of Eau de Parfum this retails in the UK for about £65 on the high street.I'll obviously have to return to New York when it runs out!It's one of those perfumes you should perhaps but on your birthday or Christmas wish list.Online bargains can be had at:

www.supadrugstore.com
50mls Eau de toilette - £36.99
50mls Eau de parfum - £59.99
100mls Eau de toilette - £54.99
Postage on this site is included in the price

www.qualityperfumesdirect.co.uk
50mls Eau de parfum - £42.99
postage is included

www.perfumesdirect.net
100mls Eau de Toilette - £49.00
100mls Eau de parfum - £60.00
Postage is free for items over £30.

This to me is a simple but very classy perfume that smells wonderful, but don't take my word for it when you're next in Boots go give yourself a big squirt of it and I'm sure you'll be as hooked as I am!

• oanagorcea published 12/02/2006
    great review! Oana x
  • rosillew published 25/02/2004
    I've not tried this, I was really into Estee Lauder youth dew in the 60's 70's then obsession, and have really been into Amarige for the past 6-7 years, Heatherx
  • Buenosdias published 23/02/2004
    Great op as always - NOW, DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE CIAO OR YOU WILL BREAK MY LIL HEART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x x x

offers "Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Toilette"