Sarahhhx 3

Sarahhhx

Member since:07.07.2007

£28 to look a pit pasty

02.05.2010

Advantages:
Looks better on pale skin and good packaging

Disadvantages:
waste of money for my tanned skin

Recommendable No:

1. JAVER1967
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. sandemp
  3. Spottydog11

About two years ago I was at the Chanel counter for the first time. I was enquiring about their foundation and next minute Iím having a full make over. The Chanel lady said she used this on my face first because it works as a primer. It highlights your cheek bones and reduces the appearance of redness.
Because she used this she put a foundation with a minimum coverage on my skin because this base meant I didnít need a heavy foundation as it worked as a really good make-up base.

The day after I tried the base and the foundation out for myself and I liked the ending results. It looked like I wasnít wearing any make-up it looked like I had naturally radiant skin. The base looks good without foundation on top in fact Iíve noticed it looks probably better without foundation on top, so if you want to wear something on your skin that isnít as heavy as a foundation you can just apply this to your skin on the areas you want to highlight or the red areas you wish to cover.

The base at first was a must in my make up routine but gradually I stopped using it as I noticed it looked quite weird under my foundation when I developed a tan from my travels because itís a white thick formulae so it made my skin colour look quite odd.

I think this is a good base but would only recommend it to people who have pale skin because it looks really strange on tanned skin as it makes your skin look a lot paler so good for covering flaws on pale skin but not so good for tanned skin as it just seems to highlight the bad areas rather than disguise them.

I think the base is fairly expensive its £28 for 30ml so about the same price as my foundation so I basically paid £56 for just the base and foundation.

Chanel claims that it is ďCompletely reformulated, this Sheer Illuminator Fluid acts as a light source on the surface of the skin, while also giving a feeling of total comfort. TIPS FROM THE CREATORS
BLANC DE CHANEL can be used:
- Either before your foundation for a radiant glow.
- Or blended to your foundation to lighten it slightly and give more glow.Ē

I think although it does give a glow and does highlight the skin it seems to highlight too much of the skin even the bad parts that you would prefer people not to notice.

Packaging
The le Blanc comes in a glass bottle with a black lid. It looks very similar to Chanels nail varnish with the shape of the glass bottle and the elegance of it. The bottle comes in a box with a white spatula to apply the formulae.
The spatula isnít very good though and it doesnít make applying any easier, in fact it makes it harder itís probably easier to apply with your fingers or a brush like the Chanel lady did for me.
Itís funny how when ever you have a make over by a woman at any make-up counter they never use the freebie brush or applicator available with the product. This is probably because they also know how terrible the freebie brushes and applicators tend to be.

Overall, I would say this base is very Ďaverageí and only suitable really for paled skin people. I wouldnít buy this again because firstly the price is ridiculous and secondly it doesnít make my make-up look any better when I have a tan.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 1p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 1p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviewís content

Staffenburg 04.05.2010 11:49

Pasty look works for me :D Great review

loveofnight 04.05.2010 02:52

thanks for the heads-up

paulpry118 03.05.2010 21:54

I just use my anemia to give me pale skin