alleykatz 5

alleykatz

Member since:29.07.2000

I spy with my big brother eye

11.07.2001

Advantages:
lets us all be nosy

Disadvantages:
not enough tasks too much time for them to sit around doing nothing

12 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Lil_Miss_Pink
  2. buttgirl
  3. the_mad_cabbie
  1. COOOEEE

I hated the first series, I did give it a fair go, but found the housemates to be boring, and the whole concept just seemed naff, my housemate loved it I couldn't understand but now I do.

I have watched from Day one when Bubble first went in alone, and have not missed one since, also with having E4 we get to watch it if we want almost 24 hours a day, either on E4 or E4's interactive service.

I am so fascinated like most people in watching what this group of people do, they are making tea, and we watch, they are chatting about boring subjects and still we watch compulsively.

I don't know how I would cope without E4, as Channel 4 only gives you highlights and it is a day behind the show.

About the characters
I didnt want Penny to go I voted for Helen, although I realise now that Penny was losing it and in my opinion should never have been put in there.

My opinion on Helen has changed, she is still loud and a bit annoying because she is so thick, she gives blondes a bad name, but you can't help liking her naivety, she isn't nasty and doesn't bitch that much, she is generally an ok person from what I have seen, and I'm sure her and Paul are going to get it together (did you notice the hand holding tonight in the dark on channel 4's highlights?)

Narinder was one of my favourites, she was a bitch and spoke her mind, but its often fun to have a strong character in their to stir up trouble, it makes for good viewing, and she bounced off Brian really well, their Nasty Boy routine was so funny.

Josh is probably one of the least I like, I don't know why, just seems something about him, he is trying to hard to fit in, being the latecomer, he feels this I think, and I hope he goes on friday (sorry josh).

Amma grew on me too and I was sad to see her go, but she wasn't a strong character, apart from her good row with Stuart, she was a background player, and never going to win.

ELizabeth is lovely, the kind of friend we all want, and all probably have one too, she is not nasty, doesn't bitch, and is there for everyone, an all rounder, but I still don't think she has the character to win, as most viewers find her boring.

Stuart was ok too, a bit stuffy and arrogant maybe, but he was good for the house, and would have liked to have seen him go further.

Paul I feel a bit sorry for, he is a local lad to me, and our local radio station 2 ten fm is backing him, and he has massive support around this area, from his family who are doing a big campaign to keep him in.
I think there is more to him than we see, he does appear vain and sometimes arrogant, but then if you had been nominated by your housemates 4 times and the public voted you in you would be feeling a bit big headed too! I know we are all waiting for something to happen with him and Helen.

Dean is a lovely guy, and I think all the housemates like him, he is seen out here as boring, I don't think his accent helps, sorry anyone from Brumland nothing personal like :) I have loads of Brummie mates. But he does often sound boring, whereas if the same things were said by say Bubble they probably wouldn't seem as boring.
He will be in last 3 but don't think he will win.

Bubble my money would have been on him to win, and him getting evicted I think shocked everyone.
He was a brilliant character, and so funny, he gelled with Brian so well, they were a great double act. Bubble was also a more complex character than first seemed, and as he said you love me or hate me and I definitely loved him, and hope he goes on to make loads of money for his daughter (the only reason he went in!)

Brian well I still think the funny Irish boy will win, he is getting a bit snappy and sometimes acts like a big kid, but we still love him.

i couldn't do what they are doing, I wouldn't last a day, they are all winners to even get in the house, and I hope they all get what they want out of it.

Channel4's coverage sometimes doesn't reflect what is going on in the house, and some people don't see what really goes on, watching E4 you see a lot more, and you get to know the guys better, you get both sides of the story so to speak.

They could do with more mini tasks to occupy them for rewards, and better main tasks, I thought the dog task was rubbish, as they were relying on the dog, wheras the other tasks they had to rely on themselves which is much fairer.

If you haven't yet tuned into BB then give it a watch, especially if you have E4, if I can't get to sleep especially if its hot, I flick it on and fall asleep watching it :)

Can Big brother 2002 top this?

GraingerN 31.08.2001 16:24

Personally I much preferred the Celeb's version. Great op - Nichola

JaySee 11.07.2001 01:42

Oh no, Helen gets right on my nerves. She's just so annoying! I'm waiting for Dean to win actually...

monica2971 11.07.2001 01:17

Do we think that something will happen between paul and helen before the weeks out...? Could be good for a laugh.rach