Review of "Chappie Complete Dry Dog Food"

published 08/12/2006 | RoseannaFloyd
Member since : 12/01/2006
Pro Cheap, Hypo Allergenic, very good for your dog
Cons Don't sell dry food in Tescos!
Food according to Life Stage
Variety of flavours
Tooth kind?
Nutritional Value

"Wow, a cheap, good dog food!"

I had to write this review as I am sick of people buying Tesco value dog food or Pedigree Chum. Chappie is brilliant and cheap! It is £12 for a 15 kg sack and the tins are only 99p for the huge tins from the Supermarket. Unfortunately the supermarket I go to doesn't sell the huge bags of dry food so I have to go to the pet shop, but it is so cheap!
I have a German Shepherd cross and he has a very sensitive stomach. I was feeding him Bakers Complete or Tesco value dog food until the vet told me off! He used to be so hypo as well because of the protein levels in the Bakers. The vet recommended Chappie to me. I can't believe they didn't recommend Science Hill like they normally do, but instead they let me into a little secret about Chappie. It's just as good as James Wellbeloved (believe me on this one) but its nearly 4 times as cheap!
So please people, give your dog Chappie. (no I don't work for them!) It's only £12 for a 15kg sack (the same price as Bakers) but is very good for your dog. Mix the variety by giving them the meat for 1 of the meals with the biscuits to stop them getting bored. And please for gods sake, stop feeding your dogs Bakers, Pedigree Chum or a supermarket's own brand - it's not fair on them!

• lorna_call published 20/04/2008
    Good review. Sounds like you love your dog.
  • laramax published 08/12/2006
    I used to feed the tins to our dogs sometimes and they seemed to love it.
  • mumsymary published 08/12/2006
    I seem to remember my childhood dog eating this and PAL