Chappie Original Dog Food

Chappie Original Dog Food

Review of "Chappie Original Dog Food"

published 31/07/2011 | lauzdoors
Member since : 16/01/2006
Good
Pro cheap to buy
Cons lack of varieety/flavours
Food according to Life Stage
Variety of flavours
Tooth kind?
Nutritional Value

"Chappie Original dog food"

I am not a huge fan of cheap dog food, as I simply think it’s a bit of a waste of money, as it doesn’t always contain everything my dogs need. However with this in mind, I ran short of food one day, and in my local supermarket this was all that was available, (well to be honest it was all I could afford) and at just £1.00 for a big tin, it seemed like a real bargain. Packaging for this product is quite distinct in that it has a happy looking dog on the front of the tin looking like he’s just eating ten tins of the stuff. Inside the food looks literally like a dogs dinner, bits of food look like they have just been squashed together with whatever was to hand which was jelly in this case. The pieces of beef /original were quite good in size and the jelly was adequate however it just looked like it was missing a bit of oomph, and my dogs thought this too as they wouldn’t eat it, nor go near it, even as a last resort. All in all I think this would be ok mixed with dry food, but I don’t think it offers much when it is on its own.