Character World Peppa Pig Spiral Rotary Single Duvet Set

Character World Peppa Pig Spiral Rotary Single Duvet Set

Character/Theme: Peppa Pig

Review of "Character World Peppa Pig Spiral Rotary Single Duvet Set"

published 06/01/2012 | milkymum
Member since : 08/11/2011
Pro Double sided, different design on each side
Cons Made of polyester and slips off blanket.

"Peppa Pig Duvet cover made of wrong material"

I bought this duvet set for my toddler who was 2 at the time, when she first moved into her big girl's toddler bed. She choose it herself as she is a big Peppa Pig fan.

It has lovely designs on each side of the duvet and pillow, one being a big picture of peppa pig, and the other side is smaller squares with lots of pictures of Peppa.

However, the duvet is made of polyester, (which I didn't think of as a problem when I bought it). It slips easily off the duvet and never stays put. With a wiggly toddler, by morning it the duvet itself is usually crumpled up inside the cover, must be very uncomfortable. This is not a problem with any of the other duvet covers we have.

I have also noticed it doesn't wash very well. It stays physically clean, but naturally young children have wee accidents in their bed sometimes, and when this happens it take several washes for the smell to go away. Again not a problem with other duvet covers we have. It appears that the water doesn't penetrate the material to wash it well. I haven't had the heart to rid of the duvet yet, and my toddler would be unimpressed, but as soon as I can afford to buy another better quality one, I will swap them over.

The duvet cost £10 from a high street store. I think it's a good price for duvet cover in general, but not worth it due to the material making it difficult to use and wash

• ames123 published 06/01/2012
    I have this exact problem with my cover right now, I shall look to see if it is made from the same material.
  • Renza published 06/01/2012
    The idea of sleeping in polyester sheets sounds horrendous!