Charles Worthington Big Hair

Charles Worthington Big Hair

Review of "Charles Worthington Big Hair"

published 07/07/2001 | aflynn_01
Member since : 10/06/2001
Satisfactory
Pro the smell is absolutely gorgeous
Cons doesn't make hair big, very runny, very expensive
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Big on price, Big on smell but not on hair"

I’ve never really bothered with Charles Worthington’s hair care range before. But Boots had a three for two offer on so I decided to give it a go. Now my hair isn’t exactly ‘full’, (fine and floppy more like) and it takes load of gel, mousse, hairspray and effort to get it to stay in some kind of style. (If I had the bottle I’d do a Demi Moore and be done with it!)

So who is Charles Worthington? He started out with one Salon in 1986, which has now grown to five throughout London. In 1993 he was awarded London ‘Hairdresser of the Year’ and in 1998 won the British title. To top it all he jumped on the old good hairdresser bandwagon and bought out his own range of ‘specially formulated’ hair care.

Big Hair was introduced as ‘every fine haired girl’s dream’ hah!

Body Beautiful shampoo comes in 250ml size and costs £3.99. It is designed to volumise hair, prevent static add shine and boost hair’s moisture retention. Well I have used it and to be honest Johnson’s baby shampoo gave me the same hair texture afterwards.

The shampoo is very runny, beware! I lost a third of the bottle in one go! This was quite off-putting because it looks and feels cheap. The lather it produces is poor as well. Rinsing the shampoo off is quite easy but my hair just doesn’t feel ‘expensive’ afterwards (if you know what I mean!). But the smell! Oh how gorgeous can it be! It smells expensive and fruity and well just yummy all round. The smell stays put as well which is good. Now Charles only needs to put the consistency of the shampoo right and he will be on to a winner!

So, does it make hair BIG? Well unfortunately no, well not for me anyway. It made absolutely no difference to the volume or texture of my hair. It is very expensive as well considering the fact that you can get one litre of Aveda Shampure for £20.00, which would cost £2.50 for 250ml. So all in all apart from the wonderful smell of this shampoo it is very poor. I certainly won’t be buying it again.

Product Information : Charles Worthington Big Hair