Charles Worthington Take-Aways

Charles Worthington Take-Aways

Review of "Charles Worthington Take-Aways"

published 28/12/2001 | mailmekm
Member since : 19/07/2001
Pro Good value for money, not tested on animals, good results.
Cons Run out quite quickly, hairspray brushes out easily.
Staying power
How does your hair feel after use?

"I'll Take Some"

I first saw the Charles Worthington take-aways on offer in boots. They were so cheap, and quite small, I thought I'd try them.. If I didn't like the products, it wouldn't be that much of a waste!

It took me a while to decide which three to choose. The shampoos and conditioners come in short narrow bottles. There are a variety of different colours, but to me, there isn't a lot of difference between the fragrences. Eventually I chose oil regulating shampoo (In a pink bottle), its matching conditioner, and a pink hairspray.

The shampoo lathered well, a little goes a long way, which is good as the bottle is only 75ml. The shampoo removed knots in my hair, but I used the conditioner as well, as my hair tends to be quite dry. I didn't need much, but the result was soft, shiny hair.
I was so pleased with the shampoo, I tried the yellow and orange packages. The results were just as good, and I found that all the shampoos are suitable for frequent use.

The hairspray held my hair in place very well, without leaving it crunchy, or sticky. It looked shiny, without being greasy. The only problem is that it brushes out quite easily.

I have also tried the blow dry straightening balm. My hair has a natural curl, but straightening balms tend to leave it hard and greasy. I decided to try the Charles Worthington one, as it said it worked for curly, frizzy and unruly hair. The instructions were very simple. All you had to do was run a small amount through your hair from root to tip. I just used a small amount, but it removed the curl very effectively. It didn't flatten my hair, either, like some straighteners can.

The products are usually on offer, which is very helpful if you want to try a new product. Charles Worthington products can be found in most pharmacies, but unfortunately I've only ever seen the take-aways in boots.

The Take-aways are very good value for money, and aren't too big if you want to try Charles Worthington products for the first time. They are also very handy for taking on holiday, or if you want to keep a few in a make-up bag.

• Harryslarry published 04/10/2003
    I love this range, cheap and excellent for holidays etc, I find a little goes a long way , good opinion.
  • modernity published 07/01/2002
    Big fan of Charles - nice easy sizes and so reasonable.
  • emu128 published 28/12/2001
    Excellent opinion, sounds pretty good to me! cheers for the read ~M~ :0)

Product Information : Charles Worthington Take-Aways