penguinch... 5

penguinchickalata

Member since:30.05.2003

take away the mess and stress

08.08.2003

Advantages:
very small, they work really well

Disadvantages:
none that i can find

34 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. armychick
  2. helenmayclark
  3. olwenrachael

Last week was my week for toiletry buying and this week is my week for telling you all about what I bought. So first on the hit list was Charles Worthington’s Take Away Range. I got a haircut and decided that I would actually try and maintain the style so when I saw these on 3 for 2 in Boots I couldn’t resist. I bought 3 different products from the Take Away range: Shine Silkening Serum, Frizz taming Serum and Shine, Gloss and Refresh Spray.

The Packaging

I know people don’t always like the packaging being described but in this case it is one of the products assets. The bottles are all very small (kinda cute really) and are perfect for putting in your bag. Both the serums are in clear plastic bottles and the serums themselves are clear. There is 15ml in each of these bottles. The spray is in an aluminium (this means it can be recycled and due to the products not being tested on animals they are environmentally friendly) spray can and holds 30ml.

Silkening Serum

This is the one with the green top and is used to make your hair shiny and silky (no surprises there then). After towel drying your hair you put a small 1p sized dollop on your hand and rub between your palms. You then smooth it through your hair from root to tip and style as normal. It can also be applied to dry hair.

I found a very small amount was plenty for my just past shoulder length very thick hair. A little went a long way and it was very easy to spread. After blow-drying my hair I found my hair was indeed sleek and shiny looking. I was impressed with this because normally after blow drying my hair looks dry and brittle. I also used this product dry (so I could fairly comment on it) and to my surprise it worked just a well this way too. It didn’t look greasy and my hair looked sleek again. It has no scent, which I was happy about because this meant you could smell the baby shampoo, which I love the smell of.

Frizz Taming Serum

This one has a pink top and is used to make your hair less frizzy (again no surprises there). Like before I put a small dollop, which went a very long way, onto my towelled dry hair, rubbed it through from root to tip and blow-dried. My hair was not frizzy at all. I knew the real test, though, would be after two buses in rush hour traffic. My hair was still not frizzy the end of the day came and went and still no fizz. I only reapplied the serum in the name of research, and found the results to be outstanding. Like before there was no scent.

I have used both these products separately and together and they perform well under all circumstances. Neither clog up your hair and they don't leave your hands feeling sticky afterwards like some styling products, which is great if you need to use them when you are out and about!!

Refresh Spray

I kept this in my bag at all times, but I didn’t feel I really needed it much as the other products were so good. However one night I did go to a gig, of the metal variety, and danced a lot. Afterwards I sprayed some of this refresh spray (only a little amount again) and you wouldn’t have known that I had just moshed for two and a half hours. Fantastic!!! The smell is very refreshing, and reminds me of the smell of when you just get out of the hairdressers. I am very impressed.

Overall

I feel these products are excellent. On my normal to dry hair they performed marvellously and I would recommend them to anyone. At £1.65 a bottle in Boots (and most leading stores and supermarkets) they are a bargain- even more so on a 3 for 2 offer like I got. They are excellent value for money as a little goes a long way, and these will last for ages. They don’t interfere with other products you may be using but they will enhance your hairs appearance. They also make your hair feel silky smooth to the touch, which is great for one people come up to admire your hair and want to touch it!!! (And they do)!!

Value for money: 10/10
Appearance on hair: 10/10
Quality: 10/10
Packaging: 9/10 (only because the writing is so small)
Environmentally friendly: 10/10
Recommend? YES YES YES

For more information www.cwlondon.com

Thanks for reading if you feel I have left anything out let me know and I’ll update. Hope this has been useful!! Happy Hair! :D Lesley

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

armychick 22.07.2005 17:19

These are great for travel aren't they!! They smell fab and are not too expensive!!! naomi x

ickle_vicki84 23.03.2004 22:16

Often wondered whether to buy these, as i'm going away next week I'll buy some to take with me.

EmmaMur01 03.09.2003 17:04

I will definetly be getting me some of those!