Charlotte Crosby's 3 Minute Belly Blitz (DVD)

Charlotte Crosby's 3 Minute Belly Blitz (DVD)

Review of "Charlotte Crosby's 3 Minute Belly Blitz (DVD)"

published 05/07/2015 | Coconutsugar
Member since : 21/02/2015
Satisfactory
Pro Burns calories
Cons Overwhelming, too fast
Did you enjoy it?
Educational Value
How good is the content?
How good are the presenters?

"Not for beginners"

3 MINUTE BELLY BLITZ

I have been going to the gym for about a year now and I like to think that my fitness levels are fairly good. I decided to buy a workout DVD to do at home for the days when I couldn't be bothered driving to the gym or for days when I wanted to do some extra exercise before/after the gym as I want to build my fitness levels up a bit more.

I looked on Amazon and was overwhelmed by the massive choice of exercise DVDs, so I decided to go for this one, as it is a best seller and also because I watch Geordie Shore and I like Charlotte Crosby and I have seen her weight loss pictures all over Instagram and i think her weight loss is very impressive.

I was excited about getting this DVD and so I was willing to pay the fairly expensive price of £12.85 excluding the postage price that I paid which was just under £2. It arrived on a Saturday so I had the time to try it out straight away. The DVD menu screen has got either play all, diet plan, or it can let you go to different sections of the video eg workout 3 or workout 10 etc so if you don't want to go through the first levels you can easily skip to the harder parts.

I decided to have a look at charlottes diet plan first and I was expecting her to be talking to the camera and going into detail about nutrition and what she ate. Unfortunately this Ian the case, instead it is just a couple of sentences of text advising to eat under 1200 calories. I found this so disappointing!

Anyway, I decided to go onto play all to start the workout, expecting to see Charlotte doing the workout at her biggest and progressively slimming down throughout the video. There is a very short intro from Charlotte and it shows a clip of her when she was bigger no more than around 30 seconds long, but then it just cuts straight into the workout warm up, the two trainers are briefly introduced, one of which I recognised as he was a trainer on the biggest loser.

Charlotte does barely any talking, it is mainly the trainers who talk, and the trainers are the ones saying the instructions for the workout and not Charlotte. Charlotte barely looks at the camera at all. The workout warm up was really hard, and even in the first couple of levels it is extremely hard, I haven't even got past the third level!

Each level is 3 minutes long but it's amazing how long those 3 minutes drag even though it's at a fast pace, I think this is because of how hard the work out is.

It is very overwhelming, lots of stepping and hand movements at a very fast pace, almost sped up, lunges, boxing, and even press ups within the first couple of levels which I think is ridiculous. It genuinely looks like it has almost been fast forwarded it's so fast.

The trainer on the right of the screen says you can follow him if you're a beginner however the camera cuts away from him and focuses on Charlotte and the other trainer 80% of the time so it's easy to lose track and lag behind so it's hard to keep a pace with the video. I found this really frustrating and annoying.

I now use this exercise DVD once every few days to try and work my way to the higher levels. At the moment I am only doing the warm up then the first 3 levels. It's hard to say of this has helped me lose weight because of a diet over-haul recently and additional exercise I do at the gym and walking.

I do feel like I'm building my fitness up slowly and can do a few press ups now which I couldn't do before. Im also improving on my boxing moves as these are frequent during the work out, but I can't keep up much with the DVD so I lose interest and get annoyed with my self for being so slow compared to them sometimes.

While I can use exercise equipment like the exercise bike and treadmill unfortunately I'm no where near fast enough or fit enough to keep up with this. I bought it mainly because the reviews said it was great for beginners, but personally I feel this is only suited to people who have experience of using a personal trainer at the gym. Maybe I'm just really unfit, or at least this DVD makes me feel it!

• jo-1976 published 31/12/2015
    Vh
  • StewwyB published 16/07/2015
    good stuff
  • ryeb published 07/07/2015
    I really feel I know what to expect from this DVD thanks to your review- and I am sure it is not for me!

offers "Charlotte Crosby's 3 Minute Belly Blitz (DVD)"