Utensils - Spoon

Review of "Chef Aid Nylon Slotted Spoon"

published 16/08/2013 | K2705
Member since : 02/10/2009
Thank you for all the reads and rates, I will return all rates asap. I review a lot of Childrens products and toys, there will be a lot of Thomas the Tank Engines reviews.
Pro Nice size, dishwasher safe
Cons None for me.

"Chef Aid Nylon Slotted Spoon"

Chef Aid Nylon Slotted Spoon

When I moved into my home I bought a slotted spoon which after 6months my husband managed to accidentally somehow throw away, I bought a replacement from a local store that sells a bit of everything called Thingamebobs. The Chef Aid Slotted Spoon cost me just 90p ad I have been using it for the past 3 1/2 years.

The Chef Aid Slotted Spoon came with very little packaging, just a small tag attached to the handle which gave the basic details and the price.

The slotted spoon is made from a durable nylon and is black in colour with a small silver detail around the handle, the handle is nicely shaped making it easy to use the spoon without it feeling awkward in your hand and it has a little loop on the end of it should you wish to hang it up, personally I don't do this I like my utensils tucked away. The spoon measures 34.5 cm's in length with 22cm's of that being the handle. The actual bowl of the spoon measures approximately 7 x 12cm's and had 5 slots cut out of it, these are large enough to let any liquid drain through but no so big that the food goes through them too. The spoon is heat resistant up to 210oC / 410F.

As I mentioned I've used my slotted spoon or draining spoon which they are sometimes called for the past 3 1/2 years and have been pleased with it. The handle is strong so it doesn't go bendy when you use it like some really cheap plastic spoons and apart from one small dent in the handle where Mark managed to burn it its in very good condition. There are no marks in the bowl of the spoon and the black colour hasn't worn or faded.

I use this spoon virtually everyday, whether its for scooping a few vegetables from a saucepan for Jayden or serving up baked beans, I don't like too much bean juice, or even getting dumplings from the saucepan without a lot of gravy, something else I don't like too much of its so useful.

My slotted spoon has been washed in both the washing up bowl and the dishwasher and always cleans up fine, food rarely gets stuck to it.

If you are you looking for a spoon like this then I would recommend taking a look at the Chef Aid Slotted Spoon, I bought mine from a local store but they are available online from places such as Amazon UK and www.jayneyshomestore.com but shop around as I have seen this selling for as much as £4.20.