Chef Aid Nylon Slotted Spoon

Chef Aid Nylon Slotted Spoon

Utensils - Spoon

Review of "Chef Aid Nylon Slotted Spoon"

published 07/09/2017 | mummytobe78
Member since : 20/07/2014
Pro Cheap. Good length handle. Hole in handle to hang spoon up
Cons None

"Cheap and useful"

When I moved in with my partner there were a lot of things he did not have that I considered we needed and one of them was a slotted spoon. Having done very little cooking before I moved in with him I did not really have an answer as to why we needed this, but I knew my Dad used his a lot so I assumed it would come in handy at some point.

I bought mine on Amazon and paid around £2 for it. It is currently selling on Amazon for £3.44 but can be easily bought in hardware stores for £2.

The spoon is 6.8 x 30.2 x 4 cm - the handle is the perfect length that you can use the spoon to get food from a hot pan without burning yourself.

The spoon is made of durable nylon and is entirely black in colour. It has a little hole at the end of the handle so it can be hung up if this is how you like to store it. The spoon is heat resistant up to 210 degrees and is suitable to go in the dishwasher. It is also suitable to use with non stick pans. The spoon part is a good size for dishing out a portion and the slots are big enough to let liquid through but the actual food stays on the spoon.

I have used this spoon almost every evening when dishing out dinner. It has been used for beans, spaghetti bolognaise, lasagne, curry, stews and a lot of other things. It is perfect for dishing out food without putting too much of the sauce/gravy on your plate.

I have never had this spoon in a dishwasher but it washes well with hot soapy water and is very easy to clean.

Lets be honest here. This is a slotted spoon and they are never going to be very exciting. But it does the job it is supposed to do and does it well. It has been used very regularly for over 3 years and I see no reason why it should not last many more years. The spoon is cheap and efficient and worth the money.

• CelticSoulSister published 12/09/2017