Review of "Chef Aid Nylon Slotted Spoon"

published 13/09/2017 | catsholiday
Member since : 03/03/2003
Reviews : 1974
Family and days of childminding now keeping me busy but I keep on rating more than writing. Thank you anyone who is kind enough to read then rate my reviews, especially those Es.
Pro Lasts well and chap to buy, useful
Cons Struggling to think of anything here

"Chef Aid Slotted Spoon has lasted me many years"

Chef Aid Nylon Slotted Spoon

I thought I would review something different for a change and as I have quite a few kitchen bits I picked this spoon as it is one that I find very useful.

I have had this spoon for well over ten years along with a number of other nylon kitchen aids as I used to have non stick pans. Now I have stainless steel ones as my husband has a tendency to burn my pans and the stainless steel ones can be scrubbed clean,but Le Creuset and non stick ones can't. I had to throw all my pans away but the nylon kitchen utensils have lasted the distance.

These are really cheap so it is amazing how well they have lasted. They cost me around £2 each and can be bought from various places like Wilkos and from Amazon but amazon are charging around £3.50. Despite the fact they are such good value they are strong and sutabel for all pans.

I use mine mainly for draining vegetables and with this spoon I can lift out the vegetables from the water and it saves draining them with a colander. It makes it quick and easy.

Another use is for serving stews as using a slotted spoon means that I don't serve too much liquid onto each plate and the diners get plenty of meat and vegetables. If I need to add a bit of the gravy I use another spoon without the slots.

The spoon is all the same material – the solid black nylon and the food does slide off it easily. It makes it easy to clean. I used to hand wash this but do now put this and the other nylon utensils in the dishwasher on the top rack and they have been fine. I guess if they are able to withstand boiling saucepan contents then dishwasher water heat is fine.

There is a hole at the top of the handle to hang this by but I keep mine in a drawer so haven't used that part.

I have been more than happy with the price and quality of this spoon and would highly recommend this as a useful and high quality, good value product.

Thanks for reading