Chemistdirect.co.uk

Health & Beauty

Review of "Chemistdirect.co.uk"

published 06/01/2012 | johncrowder
Member since : 29/12/2011
Pro Products are cheap, good value for money
Cons Fine so far
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Good services and good value for money"

I like researching all sorts on the internet to find out information or to find cheaper products than what are in the shops. This is when I came across Chemist Direct. I was having a look through their site when I came across the heading 'Headaches'. Now headache tablets are something I always have at home as they are a necessity.

I was scrolling through the different tablets they had. There was paracetamol, Ibruprofen, Aspirin, Co-Codamol from named brands to unknown brands. I changed the list to show lowest price and was amazed at how cheap they were. The lowest price paracetamol were 19p for 16 and Co-Codamol was 5p for 1 tablet.
The second thing I had a look for was antihistamene's as I suffer from hayfever and always like to have a decent stock of these in the house. In Morrisons and most other shops their own brand is usually way more than the prices I found on Chemist Direct. On Chemist Direct I found the equivalent for 29p which contained a blister pack of 30 and I was able to order 3 packets with no problem.

The site contains a lot of different products just like in a normal chemist. They cover medicines such as headache tablets, pain relief, sleeping aids. They also have a section headed embarassing which includes things such as constipation, eczema, impotence, bad breath, thrush, worms and many more. Which is good for people who would rather not visit the chemist in person. They also sell beauty products, vitamins, toiletries, fragrances, electrical products and baby care.

If you order over £40 worth of products delivery is free, if you order less than this the postage price is £3.49 regardless of what you buy or how many you buy. Each time I have ordered anything they have emailed me the next day to say my order has been dispatched, the order is sent first class. The box is unmarked to avoid any kind of embarassment.

Its easy to register on the site and if you decide that you want your order repeated each month you cant tick the auto delivery box. This means that your order will be stored and at the end of each month Chemist Direct will email you to confirm the order then automatically send it without you having to go through the order process again. It can also be changed anytime.

I use this site quite a lot now and order for family members as well to save on postage. They do limit certain products for safety but they're not as strict as the shops. There also ask the question 'why have you ordered so many of a particular product' and from your answer the pharmacist decides whether to send the order or not.

• leetscram published 15/01/2012
    good review of the site but i like to see some comparisons with similar and such like