Chevrolet Blazer S-10

Chevrolet Blazer S-10

4 X 4, SUV - 5 Speed Manual, 4 Speed Automatic - Petrol

Review of "Chevrolet Blazer S-10"

published 11/06/2002 | ConnieS
Member since : 11/06/2002
Pro lots of room, split bench seat in front
Cons uses lots of gas, maintenance bills are high

"Not recommended."

I own a 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer. I have brought it in to the dealer for numerous repairs. The transmission has gone out twice. My two bosses both owned blazers and the transmissions went out in their blazers, also. The front differential has broke, the rear defrost has come unwelded twice, the rear wiper stopped working, the fuel pump broke, the locks shorted out. I have spent as much on repairs as I paid for the car. The dealership wanted $120 to replace 6 spark plugs. The spark plugs were platinum and cost $36, and they were going to charge me $84 labor. The rain pours in, when you have the windows cracked. The lock on the hatch rusted and does not work anymore. I would not recommend a Chevy Blazer to anyone. In fact, I would wait and see what the opinions on the new Trailblazers are, before buying one.

• sarsons published 03/11/2002
    Info on what the car has to offer would have resulted in a higher rating (eg comfort, ride, equipment, insurance costs etc.). If you ever redo this op, please let me know and I'll reread it and review my rating :)
  • tomok published 13/06/2002
    Well written but missing something. Add as much detail as you can to your reviews to better help people reading them.
  • MissDirect published 13/06/2002
    It looks great in the photo.