Review of "Chimay Red"

published 06/05/2009 | BallisticSpin
Member since : 04/05/2009
Pro Amazing flavour, never had a beer this good before
Cons Price

"Chimay Red/ Rouge. Drink of champions!!!!"

This is just a review for the everyday man who has some tastebuds. I am not, and do not try to be an amazing beer critic. Just thought I'd give my opinion on my favourite beer at the moment.
I used to buy lots of Leffe Blonde from the supermarket. I heard that Chimay was similar but much better quality. What a beer!!! And at 7% it made my dongue go tizzy !!
It is similar to Leffe only tasting smoother, more complex and stronger :o)
It is actually brewed within the walls of a monastery in Belgium and it sure tastes holy!! (oh dear).
It costs me about £1.80 for a stubby bottle but I get a couple of bottles whenever I can from Morrisons. Not everywhere sells this stuff. I can't get it from Sainsbury's.
If you like Leffe Blonde or Brunne then you'll love this stuff. It's a bit pricey to buy lots of it. Probably best to stay on a liquid diet of Leffe and buy the odd bottle of this as a special treat.
Give it a try, go on, you know you want to!!!

• retireduser published 02/06/2009
    Cool review. ^_^
  • Hishyeness published 06/05/2009
    One of my favourite beers. It comes in red (rouge), brown (brune) and white (weiss) last time I checked, with varying degrees of alcohol content. Review is a good start but needs a bit more detail to do the product justice. I missed your first review, so welcome to Ciao!