China Buffet King, Belfast

China Buffet King, Belfast

Chinese Restaurant - Address: Level 2 Victoria Square, Belfast BT1 4QG

Review of "China Buffet King, Belfast"

published 26/06/2013 | euphie
Atmosphere
Standard of Service
Cleanliness

"China Buffet King"

China Buffet King is located on Level 2 of the Victoria Square shopping centre. Victoria Square is located in Belfast City Centre and is easy to access and there are over 1000 parking spaces in the underground car park. Victoria Square is a unique style of shopping centre. It is a multi levelled structure of covered walkways and open areas, rather than the more traditional closed in shopping centres. It’s also handy to have a roof in Northern Ireland’s climate!

The restaurant itself, well the name gives it away. It is a Chinese buffet, but what sets this one apart from some others in Belfast is the quantity and quality of the food served.

There are a wide variety of starters available, including soups and fresh crusty bread, salads and cold meat and fish. They also have a small sushi selection, though my only complaint with is that it’s not clearly labelled and I prefer to know what I’m eating sushi wise.

The main course selection is also varied with the more well known Chinese dishes (sweet and sour chicken, beef in black bean sauce etc..) sitting side by side with lime and pepper roast pork and mixed veg in oyster sauce, as well as all the usual side dishes, such as fried rice, chips, prawn crackers etc. I have even seen

Desserts include chocolate fudge cake, jelly and soft serve ice cream.

Prices are around £7 for lunch, £10 for an evening sitting and £14 for a Friday/Saturday evening.

I’ve been here a few times at different times of the day and I have yet to have a bad meal yet. It does get very busy at times, but staff are always helpful and any empty trays are promptly filled.

I am admittedly a very fussy eater, but I do like trying new things. Going to a Chinese buffet gives me the opportunity to try items I wouldn’t otherwise risk ordering and if I don’t like them, then I haven’t wasted any money. China buffet king are consistently good with a great selection of food available. I also consider if really good value.

You can check out the website at http://www.victoriasquare.com/restaurants/view/china_buffet_king for further information about the buffet.

• Chippytarka published 13/06/2016