Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara

Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara

Eye Make-up - Mascara

Review of "Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara"

published 16/04/2006 | axtesh
Member since : 22/04/2001
Pro The smell, huge lashes, the packaging and the feel of it going on
Cons The actual tube itself. The giant unwielding brush
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Purely amazing. Worth every penny"

lashes after half a day

lashes after half a day

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used, and I have used a lot. I was one of the girls who had spider leg eye lashes because no matter how big my lashes looked, they were never big enough. You can never overdo your own lashes, fake eyelashes often look awful and rather tarty because they are far too big for the face, but building on something that you've already got? Better than sex, and almost guarenteed to get you more.

I bought this mascara because I was fed up of spending a combined sum of double the price of this one searching for 'The One'. Mascaras in my makeup bag have roughly a 2 week trial period, if they don't make me feel like I could bat my eyes and make a guy fall over within that period they are binned. I am ashamed to say it, but this was bought purely on the name. DiorShow is effectivly the OTT makeup brought out by Dior. It is the all singing all dancing backstage makeup designed to get you noticed from across the building, never mind across the room. And boy does it work.

It comes with a hefty price tag for one item (£20 or there abouts), but think of the times you have bought a mascara only to bin it because it doesn't do what it says on the label? It is more than worth it. It comes in the cutest silver cardboard box, with Dior embossed on the front and minimal writing elsewhere. The box almost makes up for the dissapointing tube inside. A plain navy blue tube with silver wand and silver 'Diorshow' and numerous 'Dior's hides the sexiest mascara on the planet. Somewhere, a designer could have done better but it does look incredibly classy in a 'yes, it's sex in a tube but I don't have to shout about it because I Know it' way.

The wand is a little shocking. To get the effect that it has, the brush is about double the width of all other mascara wands. It looks like a small animals tail on a stick, but in a good way. The mascara itself clashes with the tube (remember, no navy blue with black, but thats probably just a personal bug bear) and is extremly dark black matt. It smells like all high end make up should, of nothing really but a slight sweetness. The secret of this wonder make up is the mascara being made from a wax rather than a liquid base, leaving no gloopy mess if you drop the brush, and incidentally leaving you with gigantic eyelashes : )

Using it takes a bit of getting used to what with the wand size, but because of the wax base you don't get much of the printing effect on your upper eyelid if you open your eyes too far too soon. The feel of it going on is almost worth buying it for alone, it is silky and smooth and you can feel exactly where your lashes are underneath the brush. The actual effect on the lashes is astounding. I curl my lashes a small amount before applying this stuff because you get double the effect if the lashes are contrasted against your upper eyelid, but either way it makes them huge. I'm not sure if it has all that much of a lengthening effect, but it definitley has a thickening effect. Think of the best thickening mascara you ever used, then take away all the annoying little clumps that you got and multiply the effect by about 5. You end up with eyelashes that they use computers to simulate on the mascara adverts, a brilliant 20's starlet doe eyed look with just one application. And it's not heavy! You don't feel like you are forcing your eyes open against the weight of the product you have put of to make them thick.

I figured that the removal of this stuff would be a nightmare because the size the lashes seem tricks you into thinking that you have a ton of product on, but one side of a cotton wool pad with any cleanser removes it in one go with no sneaky bits that you think you've got off but havnt.

The only downsides are realizing once you have taken it off you seem to have shrunk along with your eyelashes and the time it takes to get used to applying it with the oversized brush. Other than that I will not be buying any other mascara for day to day wear. I keep a tube of Max Factor 2000 calories (the most dramatic one) for when I go away somewhere or I might lose it as it is the closest thing I have found to equaling this triumph of make up. All Hail Dior!

This review was read 11986 times and was rated at

• beatlesgal25 published 05/09/2006
    Wow! I think I might have to buy this based on your review alone! I'm always searching for the best mascara there is too. Great review! Em x
  • kitty_l published 04/05/2006
    wow this looks really good i love the results i must try this!
  • baby_uk published 21/04/2006
    Wow, you make me want to buy this NOW! Fab review x