Review of "Christmas recipes"

published 15/11/2011 | dawnmarywhite
Member since : 27/06/2011
Pro No cooking required, you may be pleasantly toasted
Cons Go easy, lest you make a clown of yourself

"The perfect liquid lunch"

Hey good lookin'...

Well, since I am not much of a cook I don't have any interesting recipes for Christmas dishes for you. But fear not! I am going to share with you how to make the perfect liquid lunch. A liquid lunch has a very important place at any family gathering; there's always one who lets the side down, and of course you may feel that you need it after trying, and inevitably failing, to keep everyone happy all the time. Don't blame yourself though, it's them, not you.
...what you got cookin'?

For starters
I suggest you begin your lunch with a nice 35ml shot of Tequila, complete with lemon and salt. Of course, you can substitute this with your preferred liqueur, but I would recommend choosing a 'savoury' flavour. In any event, my choice is Tequila; this should be poured into a 35ml fluted shot glass, sitting on a saucer with a nice slice of lemon on the side. To partake, lick your hand and apply table salt to the moistened area. Lick it off, drink your shot and bite the lemon.
The main event
My first choice of mains is always a well rounded dark rum and diet coke. My personal favourite is Captain Morgan. You can of course substitute this for your favoured spirit and mixer, but preparation should be the same throughout. I prefer a diet coke to mix as I find fat coke that little bit sweeter.
To prepare, simply take a tall slim glass and fill it with fresh ice cubes. Yes, fill it, almost to the top - contrary to popular belief ice does not water down your drink, if you put enough of it in. Pour in a generous measure of rum (I suggest 50ml) and top with diet coke (any brand will do, the rum is the featured star). You can finish with a swizzle stick if available (also handy to ensure even mixing), wedge of fresh cut lime and a straw (preferably a nice brightly coloured one. Pink maybe, or lime green).
Dessert No.1
To start off the end of your liquid lunch, I would urge you to now enjoy a Disaronno. A 35ml shot of this should simply be poured into a chunky shot glass and served with complimentary amaretto biscuits. To gain maximum pleasure you should sip this one and savour.
Note: before enjoying your first dessert, it is a good idea to prepare the second, so it will be ready when you are.
Dessert No.2
To finish off your liquid lunch, a Baileys is just the ticket. To serve this one, you should place 4 ice cubes in a small brandy glass before pouring 50ml of original Baileys over it. This should then be left to cool down before drinking; if you watch, you will see the colour of the Baileys getting lighter - once this has happened to the full volume it is ready to drink. Again, for maximum enjoyment you should sip this.
Done

Slàinte!

• emi_angel published 18/11/2011
    sounds like a good meal to me :D
  • catsholiday published 16/11/2011
    Good health to you too - if you cam still stand up that is!
  • LadyValkyrie published 16/11/2011
    Sounds like my type of lunch!

Product Information : Christmas recipes