katykicke... 4

katykicker

About me: Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)

Member since:11.12.2005

Chu-Chu-Chu-Chu-Chuckl evision!

27.04.2011

Advantages:
Barry & Paul work well together, independant episodes so you can just tune in whenever .

Disadvantages:
Not educational, some storylines are just ridiculous .

4 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. Calla76
  3. xxfoxyredxx
  1. catsholiday

Chucklevision has been on British TV since 1987 and was always a firm favourite of mine when growing up in the early 90's.

The episodes features brothers Paul & Barry Chuckle and each episode usually has it's own independant storyline which sees the brothers taking on a task or job such as fixing something, paintwork, mechanical work etc and they are regularly getting in to mishaps or slacking off which always leads to some form of disaster or them being told off by 'No Slacking'.

Barry & Paul both have very different personalities with Paul being the 'ideas man' and Barry being the 'fall out man' who regularly takes the blame for mishaps and bad ideas on Paul's part. They work very well together and have a few different catch phrases including 'to me, to you' which usually involves them passing something or moving something by themselves and there is normally some sort of mishap involved here.

The show has been running for many years and my brothers & sister also grew up wacthing some episodes of this. It is currently shown on the CBBC Channel and if I am having a flick through with my nieces & nephews and notice it on we will always sit and watch it together.

While some of the storylines are just ridiculous and there is really no educational factors to watching this programme it's got quite a few good laughs (mainly immature ones) and it really does have great appeal to children & young teenagers alike.

The average episode length is between 15 & 20 minutes although this varies depending on what year you are watching an episode from.

In recent years Paul & Barry have aged a little but they are still instantly recognisable from my childhood and it's not unusual to now see them on children's weekend programmes and they seem to have quite a large fan base.

I would definitely recommend this little ones as there is no inappropriate language or bad behaviour and it gives some good belly laughs. Also, the theme tune gets stuck in my head for days after watching it and I love the nostalgia factor of the show.

I am rating Chucklevision 4/5 and would have rated it higher if there was more of an educational background to the show such as teaching numbers, letters etc.

Summary: A great show that I can happily sit through with my nieces & nephews.

catsholiday 27.04.2011 19:37

Not my taste

Calla76 27.04.2011 12:51

I had no idea this was still on!