Churchill Insurance Company Limited

Churchill Insurance Company Limited

Review of "Churchill Insurance Company Limited"

published 22/09/2000 | Biffa
Member since : 13/07/2000
Pro Repairs service is excellent
Cons Get hammered if you claim
Price
Service
Efficiency

"Churchill Insurance"

We've been with Churchill now for 3 years, and admiteddly the only reason we're still with them is because no-one else will touch us with 23ft barge pole, however, it's not all bad.

For starters, their premiums were very competitive when we changed our car from a 1.2 Seat Ibiza to a 2.0l Mondeo GLX. The premium actualyl went down, despite the bigger engine and higher value of the car, although this was probably because it wasn't some foreign crap but who knows.

When I managed to wrap the mondeo around a lampost (which didn;t take a lot of doing I admit....) they were very quick at sorting out our claim. The car was still driveable, but it was quickly booked in for repair and we were given a hire car while ours was being repaired. Ok, so the hire car was a nightmare, but at least it was better than nothing. The repairs are also guaranteed for 3 years too, and when we got the car back you couldn;t tell that I'd smashed it up at all! Very impressive.

However, on the downside, when my husband was involved ina collision, they sent out an independant risk assessor type person who agreed that it hadn;t been his fault. However, Churchill decided that it had been his fault and as a result we lost another 2 years claims - taking us down to nothing. No surprise then that the renewal came through for £1300 fully comp.

Whenever we've had to ring them, the staff have been polite and helpful and have quickly resolved any problems. We'll probably be with them for the foreseeable future, unless I can start getting more sensible quotes elsewhere.

Product Information : Churchill Insurance Company Limited