webfoot 1

webfoot

About me: I was in the Royal Marines for 11 yrs. I retired to study geophysics and have been a freelance consultant since 1980. I live with my wife in West Dorset and travel through my work about 6 mths per year. I have worked in over 50 countries worldwide.

Member since:20.03.2003

THE BIG CIAO SURVEY RIP OFF

30.03.2008

Advantages:
They relieve boredom

Disadvantages:
They encourage high blood pressure

Recommendable No:

1. tayloa22
  2. supersexycoolchick1
  3. marymoose99

What a rip off!

Unfortunately for this review I had to give Ciao Surveys one star because I couldn't go any lower.

As with the previous review on this subject which showed equal dissatisfaction, I only hope that the more that people show their disgust on the subject then the more likely that something will be done about it.

I was recently offered 10p for what was expected to be a 15 minutes survey on Travel. To quote Derek and Clive - "Who are you trying to deceive?"

I mean buying a property in the Old Kent Road in the Monopoly Game for £250 is more realistic than this is.

40p an hour.

You could argue that if you don't want to do it you don't have to, and I accept that for those who are forced to sit at home with nothing else to do, and who are a bit strapped for cash, the odd 50p now and again soon adds up to the cost of another 6-pack.

Anyway, Travel is a subject that interests me so I decided to satisfy my curiosity and see what they were asking.

Firslt they wanted to know if I had made any international flights over 5 hrs in the past year. Well I have and so then they asked me to list them which I did.

NOW GET THIS

They wanted to know which airport I had left the UK from and which airline I used on my second leg.

The answer was Southampton Airport and Air France for all flights. Neither of these two were on their drop down lists so I used the tick box for "other"

After 15 minutes had past - I was timing this by the way, they asked me some personal questions about total income which I had already answered earlier, how long I spent per day on the Internet and a few other general questions.

THEN - I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE THIS - they shut me down saying my profile was not suitable for their survey. There was a box at the bottom that said that they could finish the survey if they thought the answers were inconsistent. Well there was nothing inconsistent about my answers, but their questions were certainly not well thought out.

How cheap to you have to be to offer to pay some one the price of a matchstick and then deny it to them after 15 mins?

I wrote an e-mail to Ciao Surveys, a strong complaint which I finished by saying quite clearly "Do not send me any more surveys" for which I received an automatic response saying that my case was being given a reference number and put on file. I then had another e-mail apologising for my experience and trying to cheer me up by saying that they hoped to be able to offer me more surveys in the future.

I have heard nothing more and that was four days ago.

I will certainly never do one again.

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

ben-lloyd 08.06.2009 19:21

I haven't had a survey sent to me in almost a year. :@

gemmellow88 28.04.2009 19:16

Its true. I am incompatible for everything they send me. Even though i filled in the profile completely, they know my age and that im a student.

tayloa22 14.05.2008 01:43

Ciao surveys suck i was supposed to get 88p for my last one and they omnly paid me 10p