Cif Bath and Shower

Cif Bath and Shower

Bathroom Cleaner

Review of "Cif Bath and Shower"

published 13/11/2002 | BeeHappy
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro easy to use colourful can
Cons none as i can see
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"YOU LITTLE SCRUBBER"

CIF Bathroom Mousse
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again in search of a product that would make my task of cleaning the bath (my worst job apart from the toilet) an ease or a breeze…whichever make my life easier I plea.

I looked down the cleaning products aisle with a brief glance and spotted the word CIF is this the Jif I knew of yesteryear.

First Impression
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The can was tall colourful and handsome (only joking) bright………..

I liked the picture of Fresh Lemons (Yellow lid) or Fresh Mint (Blue lid) on the front giving it a clean appeal it seemed to stand out from the rest.

CIF The New Name For Jif

Yes I was right!!

On The Carton
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cleaning mousse For Bathrooms Brilliant Shine Without Rubbing

Wow – I thought, this sounds like a great idea??

Helps prevent lime scale…….. Well I was not 100% sure if I had any????

Surface Care
~~~~~~~~~
Suitable for plastic, enamel and chromed surfaces. In case of stubborn stains use CIF CREAM applied with a damp sponge.

Now how stubborn can a stain be….. are we talking somebody who cleans the bath daily/weekly or once in a flood?????

Usage Instructions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Shake well before each application.
2. Holding the can upside down, spray from a distance of 15-25cm.
3. Wait for 5-10 minutes
4. Rinse with running water or a damp sponge

IMPORTANT: Do not use the product while holding the can in the upright position.

Is this so you can go with the flow!!!

Ingredients
~~~~~~~~~
CIF mousse contains amongst other ingredients

Less than 5% Nonionic Surfactant
This aerosol contains Butane/propane propellant

Precautions: Keep away from eyes and inflamed skin. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water. Do not use for any purpose other than that for which the product is intended.
Keep out of reach of children.

Has a solvent abuse can kill Logo warning……..

600 ml in size and costs £1.65 a can.

Lever careline 0800 776646 UK
Surrey
KT1 2BA

Overall Impression:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gave the bath a an all round spray with the Lemon which had a lovely fresh smell, a nice foam, left for 5-10 mins rinsed with the shower and I do think it made the bath look shiny, clean and fresh. I loved the smell too but alas the yellow container does not match my Blue and White bathroom.

Having a small toddler have to keep out of reach, the bathroom cabinet is not big enough to hide so must display on the top, hence must colour match. Just like in my Charmin Toilet Roll op….. Plug plug…..

Used the Mint Fizz today, good news a lovely blue bottle matches the bathroom but alas agai

n the smell was awful, well who wants to smell MINT in the bathroom, surely mint is for fresh breath not baths and shower?????

Please I would like to request a blue bottle with a Lavender smell perhaps what do you say CIF…!!!!

Additional Note Added 19/11/2002
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another Use for product:-

My little girl loves to play with her pencil and paper at the side of my bed first thing in the morning before Mummy gets up. However, I find that she leaves pencil marks all over the furniture.
I was trying to think what to use and sprayed a little Cif onto a cloth (as the spray is very widespread when used).
Then I wiped the cream furniture and it came off realy easy.

• Fire-starter published 22/11/2002
    Great indepth op. nice one!
  • joy9 published 18/11/2002
    Hiya, I have used this product for ages. First it was Jif then for some unknown reason became Cif. I like the lemon smell best. I dont think it is the best cleaner but it is the only one that I can get my lazy teenagers' to use when they have had a bath. luv joy
  • Little_Raven published 15/11/2002
    Lavender, now theres and idea. I don't like mint or lemons in my bathroom. I'd settle for pine fresh? ;o)