Bathroom Cleaner

Review of "Cif Power & Shine Bathroom Spray"

published 14/11/2017 | Candyperfumegirl
Member since : 19/03/2014
Many thanks for all the reads & rates
Pro fresh fragrance, cleans well.
Cons no antibacterial capabilities
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Power & Shine"

Cif Power & Shine Bathroom Spray

We are very lucky to have two bathrooms in our rented house, there is a family bathroom upstairs predominantly used by the kids and a wet room downstairs which my partner and I tend to use. As great as this is for family life, it also means I have two bathrooms to clean which isn't the best as this chore is probably my least favourite. I generally go through a lot of household cleaning products especially those bathroom cleaners. My most recent purchase was this Cif Bathroom spray which I have bought numerous times over the years, so I thought I would review it here today.

What does it look like?

This Bathroom Cleaner is part of the 'Power & Shine' range produced by Cif, it should not be confused with Cif's 'regular' bathroom cleaner spray as they are two separate products.

Cif's Power & Shine bathroom spray comes presented in a 700ml curved plastic bottle, although I am aware that a smaller version is available. The brand logo and product name are clearly displayed on the front along with a picture of some bubbles along the side. The design is well suited to the bathroom with its clean, simple blue and white colour scheme.

On the top we have a powerful trigger spray, the nozzle can be rotated into two positions - on and off - although I rarely remember to return the nozzle to the off position after use.

On the reverse we have plenty of information including a product blurb, warnings and usage guide. All of this should be read thoroughly before use.

What are the claims?

Cif claim that this bathroom cleaner will remove 100% of limescale and soap scum, leaving surfaces clean, shiny and streak free.

This new improved formula has added water and dirt repelling technology which helps keep the bathroom cleaner for longer as it prevents water, limescale and soap scum sticking in the first place.

For tough dirt it is advisable to leave the spray on the area for a few minutes.

This product should not be used on marble, natural stone or painted wood. If in doubt, test on a small inconspicuous area first.

There is no mention of any antibacterial capabilities, so I am assuming it has none.
My experience

Cleaning the bathroom is such an awful chore, quite honestly I hate it! But it has to be done none the less. I don't want to be in there scrubbing for hours on end, its a chore I want to get over and done with as quickly as possible so I can go off and do something more interesting with my time, therefore a decent bathroom cleaner is essential. I am willing to pay a little bit more for a product that works quickly and efficiently and this is what we have here in the Cif Power and Clean bathroom spray. I do tend to do lots of 'top up' cleans just to keep on top of it all, if left for too long the bathroom seems to become a disgusting mess with soap scum and general grossness on every surface. However, a weekly deep clean is unavoidable. I use this Cif P&S cleaner in both scenarios.

For quick cleans I'll just spritz some of the cleaner about the bathroom and then wipe with a sponge, this takes less than ten minutes and this leaves my bathroom surfaces shiny clean. For a deep clean I'll don some rubber gloves and really go to town with this stuff, spraying it all over the bathroom surfaces and wall tiles, ensuring I really get in those hard to reach areas like under the tap. I'll leave it to get to work - perhaps 5 minutes before wiping with a cloth. All the gross bathroom grime wipes away easily and I don't need to scrub away at it. Even that weird pink stuff that appears on my wall tiles is removed with efficiency and then I simply rinse with the shower head. I think it also helps to maintain the whiteness of the grouting too, which is especially important in rented housing (I once got some of my deposit removed due to black grouting in a previous house).

Initially I was sceptical about Cif's claims that this cleaner helps to keep the bathroom cleaner for longer with its water and dirt repellent technology, but I was surprised that this actually seems to be the case. Those deep cleans take less time, there is less scrubbing as the soap scum and toothpaste doesn't seem to stick quite as much with continual use of the product.

Fragrance

Fragrance wise this is just a nice fresh clean scent, rather generic really but in no way offencive. It would be ideal for those who dislike the smell of bleach. This one definitely makes sense in the bathroom, but I wouldn't use it in the kitchen or elsewhere in the home, I would buy a different cleaner for other chores. Personally, I prefer separate products for each room as I think its just more hygienic.
Final Thoughts

This is a great bathroom cleaner which does as it promises, it cleans my bathroom well without to much effort on my part, it leaves surfaces free from bathroom yuck plus it smells alright too, Its the full 5 Ciao stars from me.

Price

Cif Power & Shine 700ml has a RRP of £3, but I purchased it on a half price deal.

It is widely available from most large supermarkets and on line.

• CelticSoulSister published 23/11/2017
    Excellent!
  • Soho_Black published 20/11/2017
    Good review
  • IzzyS published 19/11/2017
    Good review.

offers "Cif Power & Shine Bathroom Spray"