Cilest Contraceptive Pill

Cilest Contraceptive Pill

Female Contraception - Contraceptive Pills

Review of "Cilest Contraceptive Pill"

published 26/02/2007 | shooting_star19
Member since : 26/02/2007
Satisfactory
Pro Protects you from getting pregnant, didn't put on weight, didn't make me spotty, no loss of libido
Cons Lots of 'spotting', made me more than over emotional!
Side effects
Strength

"My experience of Cilest...one long period!!"

I visited my GP just before Christmas enquiring about going on the Pill and he suggested Cilest to me. It had been about 3 years since I was last on the Pill (Microgynon - didn't agree with me, I suffered with headaches and nausea).

The first month with Cilest I didn't encounter any problems. The only thing I did notice was that I needed to pee much more often and I was constantly thirsty. I've never woken up in the middle of the night needing the toilet but all of a sudden after taking Cilest it was happening!!

On to the second month, where I noticed that I was 'spotting' a bit. I'd never had this problem before with Cilest (in the last month) or when I was on Mircogynon but I was aware that 'spotting' was a common side effect of the contraceptive pill. The spotting stayed fairly minimal through the second packet of pills until I got to my final week. I am now just finishing my third (and final) packet of pills on Cilest because I have basically had a period for a month. The bleeding has become so heavy I am having to use tampons or sanitary towels almost every day.

I called my Doctor's and spoke to a Nurse and expressed my concern about what was happening and she assured me that this was normal (huh?!) and that I should stick with it for another month.

The problem is I am not just getting the bleeding of the period, I am getting period pains and the moodiness with it. The other day I cried for an entire evening over a petty argument with my boyfriend which isn't really like me at all. It left everyone in my house wondering what on earth was wrong for me because I couldn't stop crying! I can only put it down to Cilest.

There are some good things about Cilest too, although I am not sure they outweigh the bad!:

I haven't put on any weight in 3 months, in fact I may even have lost some with the amount of water I am drinking and the amount I am peeing!

My skin has cleared up, and is nowhere near as oily.

My hair doesn't get as greasy as quickly.

I visited my GP last week, still not happy with the side effects I was experiencing or the advice I was given and requested that I change Pills. I have been prescribed Femodene... I am not sure what this is one like, so I will give it a go. Hopefully I will have more success with this one!

• helencbradshaw published 26/02/2007
    sounds terrible..I am glad I am past this stage.
  • salem_witch published 26/02/2007
    I hope you have more luck on the next one. Everyone reacts to them all differently so it's all about finding one that your body seems to like!
  • donnaford published 26/02/2007
    Well I started off on Femodene and my weight ballooned so they put me on Celeste, which I was on for just over 10 years with just the normal period and a little pain as you'd expect, with no other problems. EXCEPT without knowingly doing anything wrong or forgetting my pill or anything WHAM!! I was pregnant!! Luckily my partner and I were planning on getting married and starting a family. Needless to say this slightly sped up the proceedings!! Nice review!!