Cirrus

Cirrus

Review of "Cirrus"

published 15/11/2010 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Reasonably priced, easy to use, USB charger, 8MB built in memory.
Cons My difficulty remembering to charge it!
Presentation

"A digital photo frame - on your keyring!"

As I have lots of nieces and nephews I like to have digital photo frames around the house so I can load up lots of photographs and have different ones going round on a loop. It's nice for me to see them all, in different moods and on different dates etc. Also, when I have guests over it's nice to know that they can see lots of different photographs of my favourite people. It is for this reason that I was thrilled when my other half brought me a digital photo frame keyring as a little gift, he's such a sweetie like that!

This photo frame itself is 1.5" in size with a colour LCD screen which helps to display all the photographs clearly and easily. There is 8MB of built in memory and there is a battery which is rechargeable via a USB port. The size of the actual keyring is around 3" by 2" which is ample size to house the screen and everything that is needed to keep it working. The weight is very lightweight and as I already have quite a few keys and other key rings I really didn't notice the additional weight once I'd hooked it on to my keys.

I find that the memory is ample to hold around 60 very good quality pictures which is more than enough for me to display my 8 nieces and nephews as well as some pictures of myself and my partner. I tend to have lots of close up pictures as I find that this does not work so well at displaying large groups of people or far away shots as the screen is obviously quite small so has to work harder to display everything and just does not have as much clarity as close up shots (which are the best really, lets be honest!). It is easy to adjust the amount of screen play that each photograph gets as you can just adjust the time they are shown for. I prefer to keep mine on the lowest setting (10 seconds) but it goes right up to 3 minutes. I find that the 10 second setting is enough to show all my pictures and to prevent others from getting too bored if they are watching my keyring. Also, it means that in just a few minutes all of your photographs can be shown to people depending on how many you have on.

I personally feel that this key ring is a lovely little gadget. I love nothing more than having my photographs with me on the move. However, the only downfall is that I find myself needing to charge this on a daily basis. As I usually charge my mobile most nights I have tried to get in the habit of doing this at the same time as I have a plug I can use for charging USB devices so this is quite handy. However, if I forget to do this then I end up having a blank screen all day and I just find myself feeling constantly annoyed & disappointed that, once again, I forgot to charge it up and can't see my pictures.

The keyring has stood the test of time and is jingled around and bashed about with my house keys on a daily basis yet it is still in fantastic condition. It's very simple to add the photographs and when I remember to charge the keyring it's fantastic and I love being able to show off my photographs wherever I may go! If you are in the market for a nice, portable, digital keyring then I'd recommend this one as it can be picked up for around £10.00, or even less second hand.

Summary: A decent digital photo frame from Cirrus.

• Gooseydyoo published 15/11/2010
    What a lovely idea. I have to agree with lorriellah. A great stocking filler
  • Andy.mack published 15/11/2010
    That's really good, hadn't heard of a miniture one but might have to get one
  • FORCE6 published 15/11/2010
    Oh wow, i have the picture frame one, didn't realise they had it as a key ring too! I think after reading this im gonna get one just to show off at work. =P

offers "Cirrus"