Review of "Cirrus"

published 21/06/2011 | RosesAreRed1207
Member since : 11/05/2011
Back from holiday with a new username to match my blog, check it out!
Pro easy to set up
Cons battery life
Presentation

"Does my butt look big on this?"

I bought this cute little key ring as a novelty present for my sister. I uploaded loads of pictures of her wedding and children and when she opened it on Christmas day she was over the moon with it.

*Price and availability*

I paid £6.99 from Amazon which I thought was really good value for money. They currently sell it on Amazon Marketplace for £5.75.

*What’s in the box*

• 1.5 inch frame
• USB connection cable
• Necklace and key chain
• Manual

*Description*

The photo frame comes in a choice of colours; blue, silver and pink. As my sister is a girlie girl, I bought her the
pink one. It came on a black click on material loop that is easily attached onto a set of keys. The dimensions are 10 x 10 x 4.5 cm and it weighs 499 g.

The display is 1.5” and is 18 x 128 pixels. When I set my sisters up I tried to fill it and it stored 80 photographs.
The box said it will store 85. However this is dependent on the size of the images. The memory of the device is 8MB so you need to keep the images small so they don’t take up too much memory.

To charge the device you need to plug it into your computer using the USB cable. The battery life is only around 30 minutes, so every time you look at the pictures you need to remember to switch it off. It takes about 3 hours to reach full charge again.

There are a few settings on the device; you can either have a slide show where you choose the delay from 10 seconds to 180 seconds, or you can manually flick through the pictures.

*Overall*

I found the manual really hard to understand and follow and it really over complicated the process of putting the images on the device. Once you plug the photo frame in via the USB, my computer recognised the photo frame. All you have to do is drag and drop the images from your files on the computer to the photo frame file. From here you can flip, rotate and zoom to get the images to fit. Some images will never look good on such a small device such as pictures of large groups of people. It is worth messing around with images here to get the best possible finish. Most image formats will work such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF.

The photo frame is small so you shouldn’t expect miracles from it! The quality is not fantastic but the images still look quite good despite being so small. I think it is a really fun gift for someone and at the price I paid; really good value for money.

Unfortunately as a consequence of having a photo frame key ring; my sisters have a scratch on the screen now due to being next to a key and being thrown around in the hand bag. The images are not really impaired but it is visible when the device is switched off.

The device also comes with a ‘Necklace’ if you were wondering this is a longer piece of cord to attach it on so you can wear it round your neck. I guess this is aimed at the younger generation who do not have keys!
I’m really happy with the device and would recommend it to others. It is a novel idea and always gets people talking. As young girls; my sister and I used to always buy novelty photo key rings from Alton Towers or other similar theme parks. Now you can have your own key ring with more than one image on!

• blackmagicstar4 published 22/06/2011
    great review x
  • mumsymary published 21/06/2011
    nice pressie
  • Calla76 published 21/06/2011
    Cute - and a good price too!