Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.9D

Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.9D

Citroen present the Berlingo Multispace 1.9D Desire 5dr Estate with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Front (FWD) running on Diesel

Review of "Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.9D"

published 29/11/2006 | Ruairidh1988
Member since : 14/05/2006
Pro Plenty of leg room, comfortable for driver and passengers.
Cons Slow in acceleration
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Berlingo - the car"

The car takes a bit of getting used to, when first purchased. It looks kind of comly. However, you soon get used to the look, once you start to drive the car.

It has a choice of roof types, which I quite liked, as you can indorporate games etc. within the car. It is easily repaired, when dented and has been accompished on my car, within ten minutes, through sucking the dent out (with equipment via the garage, of course - my mouth is not that big!)

I particularly like the mileage which you get with this car. If I fill the tank full of diesel, I can travel approximately 600 miles without re-fuelling. The car sits high off if the ground, and has a nice wide screen for great visibility; which I appreciate now that I am getting older.

However, I am constantly reminded not to drive it like a sports car. It does not have the fast acceleration, and I have to remind myself, before changing gear, to look at the revolutions counter.

All, in all, a good familty car for the nuclear family, as this is not a people carrier. You will not fit more than five people in it. However, the five thats in it can travel in comfort. This has a large boot space, particularly when the back seat is folded down. This is particularly useful when moving goods around; I have managed to transport, for instance, a full dining room suite in the back..

So , in conclusion, good for the family and the wallet but not for the boy racer!