Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.9D

Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.9D

Citroen present the Berlingo Multispace 1.9D Desire 5dr Estate with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Front (FWD) running on Diesel

Review of "Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.9D"

published 15/10/2008 | ninjette
Member since : 27/12/2007
Good
Pro economical
Cons design
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Economical... what more can I say!"

Let's face it, this site is all about honesty and potentially helping others with their desicion making and purchases... so I am going give MY honest opinion, even though others will not agree!

I bought this car for its practicality... 2 children (5 and 10 years) and a golden retriever dog, plus 2 adults. Once everyone is in, there is still space available, although I must admit the boot appears larger than it is (the dog is big I admit!) dur to the height of the vehicle. The interieur is very spacious and well thought out. In the front and back there are storage areas which are always more than useful.

It drives relatively well although I am disappointed with the steering lock. I have a newish model with exatrs such as automatic windscreen wipers etc. some people may like these options, however I never use them! I hate the position of the window controls in the front - I find it completely unpractical to have to reach to the dash board to put down or raise the windows!

The design... I personally don't like it. The exterieur is nothing special and I find the interieur ugly.

The best thing about this car is the economical aspect. It does not drink much petrol and it is for this reason only that I still have my Berlingo!

I hope I have not offended anyone with my comments, I just wanted to be honest.