Citroen C1

Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Amazing Little Car"

The Citroen C1 is new on the market so you don't see many around.I loved this car as soon as I saw it. I have the 3-door version.Don't be fooled by its small size as there is far more room inside than you would expect. The front seats slide back and forward very easily, unlike some which tend to stick and require brute force to get them to move. There is only one guage on the dashboard which incorporates the speedometer, fuel guage and all the other warning signs such as seatbelt,brake etc.
It comes fitted with a CD/radio but only has front speakers.The sound quality of the CD is very good and it is simple to operate.
The lights, indicators and windscreen wipers are all in the usual places and easy ti use.
Despite it's small engine 998cc, I had no problem cruising at 70mph on the dual carriageway. However, as could be expected with a car this size, when carrying 2 or 3 passengers speed was reduced.
The makers claim an average mpg of 61.4, but as I've yet to finish my first tank of fuel I cannot comment on that.I can say however that it seems to be going forever on it's first tank.

In summary, I would definately recommend this car. I would rate it primarily as a ladies car, it is small, nippy, easy to drive, very comfortable and very economical

• tranx published 30/09/2006
    Very good review. It is extremely concise, perhaps to a fault, but this will suit a lot of readers because the impression is clear. Congratulations :-)
  • SimoneDoyle published 19/05/2006
    The car looks very snazy, small and an easy car to park. I was suprised to hear from you that it can cruise at 70mph on the motorway. Will have to take a test drive in one ofthese. The colour red suits the shapw of the car as well.
  • JeffFromPoole published 07/04/2006
    I passed my test in a citroen and have owned four of them. this looks like a very practical town car, more sensible than these horrendous 4X4s that people seem to favour.

offers "Citroen C1"