Citroen Saxo 1.1

Citroen Saxo 1.1

Hatchback - Petrol

Review of "Citroen Saxo 1.1"

published 19/11/2010 | dynamicnurse
Member since : 30/07/2007
Pro Cheap to run and easy to handle.
Cons I had no tax on it at first!
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption

"I now drive the same as Gavin and Stacey."

For my 400th review, I would just like to write a review on the new car that I have just recently bought - that being, the wonderful Citroen Saxo 1.1. It is a second hand car, and it is a T reg and so therefore it is about 12 or 13 years old. I bought it from a local secndhand car garage, and they sold it to me for £750 with a full 12 month MOT and service and a three month warranty on the major parts should anything go wrong. My only gripe is that there is no tax on it, but as the guy came down by nearly £100 in the price I shall let him off!

For a car this age, it doesn't have a CD player - there is a tape player and a radio, but I know a man who can get me a CD player quite cheaply! It has got a sunroof, and it is only a three door car but I can cope with that. It's not fun trying to get in to the back seats without two further rear doors though...

In terms of road handling, what with it being a small car it is extremely light and easy to run. There is no power steering on it, but I really don't see the need for it on a car this size. And due to its small engine size, it is also quite cheap to run in terms of petrol usage - I have to drive 20 miles each way to work every day at the moment, and £25 worth of petrol lasts me for three complete 40 mile round trips and most of the way there again (so about 130 miles in all on country roads).

I have also driven it at high speeds (but keeping within the national speed limit for motorway driving of course!), and the road handling is just as good. It is also an extremely comfortable car to drive in, and although it is quite small and near to the ground you wouldn't really notice the bumps on the road too much. It must be my natural good driving!

Many people get this type of car mixed up with a Peugeot 106, and I can see why as from sideways on they do look very similar. This is I guess because they are French made (no real significance I suppose!), but according to the man who sold it to me the engines are pretty much identical and so therefore parts are quite easy to come by.

My car is an almost exact copy of the picture, the only difference between the two being the colour (mine is green). All in all, I was very happy with my purchase and should you ever find yourself in need of a small car then this is one that you should at least think about. It is very cheap to run, with it being in the lower brackets for tax and insurance. And if you get a good deal just like I did on actually buying it, then you will be laughing all the way home!

Many thanks for reading my review, and I hope that it has been of some help to you!

• tallulahbang published 22/11/2010
    I used to drive one of these and loved it. xx
  • Martinscholes published 22/11/2010
    Nice review. And Happy 400!
  • hannahmc3 published 20/11/2010
    Wow 400 reviews, that is mega impressive!!