City Partner Hotel Atos, Prague

City Partner Hotel Atos, Prague

Hotel - 13 Melnicka, 15000 Prague, Czech Republic - 3 Stars

Review of "City Partner Hotel Atos, Prague"

published 29/12/2011 | Rosebudwithredroses
Member since : 24/07/2005
Pro Amaxing hotel, central to locations
Cons none
Quality of Rooms
Standard of Service
Quality of Food & Drink
Cleanliness

"City Partner Hotel Atos, amaxing, friendly hotel"

The Hotel ATOS

The Hotel
The Hotel Atos is located in an historical building, which was built in the second half of the 19th century, and this is situated in Prague 5, the areas are based on locality to the centre of Prague. The area of the hotel is in an area called Mala Strana.

The Inside of the Hotel
Once you arrive at the hotel you enter via the entrance door, up three steps and you are in the reception area, this is manned 24 hours a day, in this area is also the luggage storage room, and also a small bar area for residents.

There is a lift to all floors, as well as a staircase, this staircase is extremely attractive, it has a wrought iron, olde-world finish. There is also a lower ground floor, where the breakfast room is situated.

My Arrival / The Room
When I booked I went as a single traveler, I went through an internet site, to do all the booking hotel, flight and transfer all in one. When I arrived at the hotel, it was a smooth check in, and bless her the lady took my suitcase up to my room for me. The room had the most beautiful high ceilings, double windows, my room was on the 2nd floor and I overlooked a side street. The facilities in the room was 2 twin beds, both had bedside cabnets, good selection of lighting, a vanity unit with chair, TV, a fridge, this came prefilled with red and white wine, water, nuts and chocolate, once you had anything from the fridge, it was done on a honestly policy and you filled in a slip of paper and paid at reception. I cheated and brought my own items and used their fridge. There was also a fan in the room. There was a wardrobe will shelving, a safe, which you hired the lock from reception, which was at cost of approximately 40p per day. One point that I was really impressed with was their was a coat hook on the wall, something so simple, but not what you tend to find. There is a TV with satellite channels and free wifi throughtout the hotel `

The Bathroom
The bathroom was a nice size, it had a corner shower unit, toilet, washbasin, radiator and a good selection of towels, the shower was luxury, after a days sightseeing, I just couldn't wait to jump in the shower.

Breakfast
The breakfast was included in the price, and this was a continental breakfast, I found it to be a basic breakfast but a satisfactory choice, this was not typical layout of tables as the room was like cellars joined the made the best of the facilities and used some single tables as well as benches,

Restaurant
There was a restaurant almost attached to the hotel, same building but on the main street entrance, the Restaurant Meduzzy, this was a bar as well, with indoor and external seating, a great place to get a drink and watch the world go by. When I stayed (Spetember 2011) I was given a 10% discount voucher for the restaurant. Prices were reasonable from £7 upwards for main meals.

Prague Castle /Attractions
If you are luckly enough there are some of the 67 bedrooms that have a view of the castle, to visit the castle, you can walk to the castle in under 15 minutes or catch a tram, there is a tram stop just at the front of the hotel for easy access to all attractions. Taxis are also available although these are a lot dearer.. It is in walking distance from Prague castle, National theatre, Venceslaw square, Kampa and other sights. There is a tram station right in front of the hotel for even easier movement aroud the city. The tram will take you two stops on the Malostranské square by the Charles bridge and just under the Prague castle.

Tram tickets / Informatiom
These can be purchased from reception, they are in 90minute pass, 1 day or 3 day pass, I had a one day pass which was the equivalent of £4. There are attraction leaflets within the reception area, as well as mini maps on many of these, but everyone that I spoke to on reception were really helpful from telling me what number of tram to get to information about the attractions. You can also purchase tickets for excursions for reception as well.
Information about Prague
in the city from where you can enjoy this image of golden domes and spires. The metropolis is situated on the right and on the left of the river Vltava

My arrival
As I was a single traveler, and although I had travelled quite a long on package holidays as a single traveler, they have all been on packaged holidays, so I will admit I was a bit nervous about finding my footing, also I'm disabled on crutches, so I am at a disadvantage, but everyone was so helpful, for instance when I got on the tram as soon as I walked on if the tram was full, someone gave me their seat straightaway.
I had pre-booked and paid for my taxi transfer, which was about £40 return, I had luxury, a lovely driver, a very posh merc, I felt like royalty.

Out and about.
My first day, I just spent getting to know my local area, and was very impressed to find Tesco store within a 10 minute walk, (for others be 5min walk), as well as a jelly bean shop. I could have lived in there. Opposiate the main road was a lovely park area, and within 500 metres of the hotel there was a mini supermarket, a tabac (mini newsagents, restaurants, sandwich shops, starbucks, mcdonalds, there was no chance of starving.

Excursions
I had pre-booked 2 night-time excursions, including pick up from the hotel these worked out at approximately £100 for the 2 trips, the 1st was a coach trip of Prague by night, followed by a 3 hour river cruise, with food and full guided information. I would highly recommend that trip. My second excursion was a traditional folklore show, again I was picked up and dropped off at the hotel door, this was a great excursion, there about 16 of us, and we went to a country pub/barn experience, had a traditional meal as well as an evening of dancing.

Noddy - Train
Theres many names for these I call them a Noddy train, this was an hour long trip and was approximately £10, this went from Old town and was a round trip, as well as a running commentary.
Myself
I caught the tram to Wenclas Square, spent some time there as well as Old Town Square, where I saw the astronomical clock, but these areas do get busy, as when the clock chimes every hour this is a magnificent display.

Would I go back
Yes I would, I would stay again at the Hotel Atos, and I would like to expand my area of travel, but sometimes the first time is trial and error.

The only disadvantage I found was places chagred you to use the toilet eg, you'd been in KFC, Starbucks, or a cafe off the square, some places had a tips plate, others was a barrier and it was the equivalent of 40p per person, per visit.