Clairol Herbal Essences Conditioner Normal Hair

Clairol Herbal Essences Conditioner Normal Hair

Conditioner

Review of "Clairol Herbal Essences Conditioner Normal Hair"

published 28/04/2003 | Tomps
Member since : 19/03/2003
Pro Smells lovely
Cons Left my hair knotty, and feeling like straw
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Doesn't exactly do what it says on the bottle"

I'm a real sucker for offers at the supermarket and my choice of Shampoo & Conditioner is nearly always based on the current buy on get on free. Normally this works out fine, not this time.

It pains me to admit that I have been a victim of an advertising campaign, a very one at that!

I saw the Herbal Essenses offer and immediately thought.....hmmmm great smelling hair. Who doesn't love their hair to smell heavenly after washing? I did smell great but I'm afraid that's all this product does.

I have long, naturally curly, thick hair and really need a good conditioner if I'm going to be able to brush it after washing. A good quarter of an hour later I was still wincing in agony, trying to get the tangles out and removing a great deal of hair from my head in the process. Once that was achieved, (now very red eyed and cross) I tried drying my hair with a diffuser which normally gives me lovely bouncing curls...... I ended up with a straight, dry frizzy mess!! Not impressed.

I should of seen the signs as I was washing my hair because I found the product to be thin and runny, it didn't spread easily through my hair and I had to use a lot of it. Smelt good , but that's about it. And woe of all woes! I bought two bottles of the stuff and have only finished the first and my penny pinching ways won't allow me to pour the other bottle down the sink. Give it away? I wouldn't wish it on the nieghbours dog that barked relentlessly last night!

Recommend it to you? Sorry Clairol, but NEVER!!!

• JessL published 12/07/2003
    I don't really like HE conditioner! Good op x
  • Louise90 published 28/04/2003
    I like this conditioner, but there is better out there I like! Louise x
  • magicloudz published 28/04/2003
    Ah but sex sells, that's why the ads are so successful!:) -Jon