Clairol Herbal Essences Conditioner Normal to Oily Hair

Clairol Herbal Essences Conditioner Normal to Oily Hair

Conditioner

Review of "Clairol Herbal Essences Conditioner Normal to Oily Hair"

published 12/04/2009 | Leighsa
Member since : 30/09/2006
Good
Pro Smell refreshingly gorgeous, as if you're really in the forest.
Cons Doesn't really nourish or make hair shiny.
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Into the Rainforest...."

What is it?
***********
A bottle of hair conditioner by Herbal Essences.

Special Features?
*******************
A conditioner that has been infused with Passion Flower, Patchouli and Vetiver extracts.

The conditioner has been formulated for normal hair, claims to enhance the hair's silkiness and vitality, enrich with moisture and enhance manageability. The conditioner also claims to leave the hair luminous and dazzling with shine.

What do I think of it?
*********************
On first opening the bottle, there is a big sweeping aroma of flowers. It's a gorgeous refreshing smell, not too floral, and reminds me of being deep in the forest near where the waterfalls are! Funnily, this conditioner is called 'Rain Forest Flowers'!

I used this just after shampooing and once again, it smells gorgeous. The smell is not too pungent, and it gives the senses a good pamper, almost like having a spa session.

The consistency of the conditioner is that of a light cream, it seems to disappear very quickly into the hair on application, so I have had to use almost twice as much in quantity compared with the amount I used with my shampoo. I would probably say you need a very large handful for good coverage if you have long hair. It rinses out pretty well and the lovely smell is still apparent even after a thorough rinse.

Unfortunately, as soon as my hair dries, I can already see that it doesn't quite live up to what is says on the bottle. My hair felt the same as usual, probably a bit more drier than usual which is worrying. There wasn't really any of the shine or silkiness that I had expected, even more disappointment since I had applied quite a bit onto my hair.

The conditioner costs around £1.99 for a 400ml bottle, if you buy both the shampoo and conditioner together, you can be sure that the conditioner will be used up first, as I find that I need twice as much conditioner per wash.

Unfortunately, the only good thing about the conditioner is that it smells gorgeous and also leaves your hair smelling lovely for a good few hours after.

Not very nourishing but a very good hair perfume

Thanks for reading. xx

©Leighsa 2009 (also on Dooyoo).

• kevin121 published 18/04/2009
    Shame it's a bit of a disapointment.
  • pixie65 published 18/04/2009
    have tried this and totally agree with you - x hev
  • debmercury published 16/04/2009