Review of "Clarins Eau des Jardins"

published 28/08/2011 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Good price, nice bottle, smells lovely
Cons None in my opinion
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Clarins Eau des Jardins Fragrance"

I love this perfume and it's actually the only one I am using at the moment - it's amazing! It is available from shops such as Debenhams, John Lewis, Boots etc. I bought mine from Boots as I had a voucher for £5 off. The RRP of this perfume is £28.50 but as I had my voucher I was lucky enough to get it for £23.50 which is still quite expensive but the quality (and brand!) of the perfume really is worth the price. For the price I paid I got 100ml of the perfume in a lovely sturdy little glass bottle which is a warm orangey yellow colour with a tint of red. It's a nice simple bottle that looks nice without looking OTT and you can tell by looking at it that it is an expensive bottle of perfume in my opinion.

The perfume contains essential oils of many fruits including grapefruit, lemon, orange, blackcurrant and also has spearmint, laurel leaf, rose, patchouli, vetiver and cedarwood in there. The perfume smells absolutely amazing. It's such a sweet, summery smell which has a very fresh, lightweight sort of scent. It has so many different smells in it and the rose, blackcurrant, spearmint, lemon and grapefruit are the ones most prominant in my opinion - it smells nice and fruity and natural. I thought the smell would be quite bitter because of the grapefruit but it isn't. It is not a citrussy kind of smell and the patchouli and cedarwood that it contains create a more musky and subtle sort of smell. It's definetly a more mature scent - this is not an overlly sweet, bubblegum tyle smelling perfume.

The staying power of this perfume is good - if I apply it in the morning it usually lingers on my skin until around 2pm so it's a good idea to put it in your handbag if your day's going to be a long one so that you can top up when needed. The smell makes me feel really fresh and people have commented countless times that I smell nice. I usually focus on putting it on my neck as that way when i'm sat next to people when i'm at uni etc as I think it is more noticeable and I like smelling nice. No one has ever complained that I smell horrible or anything when wearing this and no one has had a bad reaction to it such as coughing/sneezing etc and I myself am fine with the perfume - it doesn't make me itch or sneeze at all and it's gentle on my skin - it has never caused my skin to itch. I would definetly reccomend this fragrance - I am suprised at the price to be honest as it is such high quality product and it smells devine. Obviously for anyone who is not a fan of the fruity, scet kind of smells this will not be ideal (although the fruity scent is very subtle) and it is definetly a very feminine scent.

Summary: Not everyones cup of tea but I personally love it!!

• SallsMumof2 published 30/08/2011
    I would love this one! I have 2 bottles of the Eau Ressourcante fragrance and its gorgeous x
  • catsholiday published 29/08/2011
    Sounds nice - the bottle is rather boring isn't it?
  • Mistee-Dreamz published 29/08/2011
    I like the sound of this one :)

offers "Clarins Eau des Jardins"