Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover

Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover

Review of "Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover"

published 22/11/2008 | ivytoad
Member since : 18/09/2005
Good
Pro No oiliness, kind on eyes, attractive packaging
Cons A little too mild, didn't remove all my eye make up
Performance
Harshness to Skin

"Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover"

I bought this product a little while ago. I wanted something quick and easy that would effectively remove my eye make up but that was also quite gentle, since some eye make removers make your eyes sting! I have used Clarins products in the past and have found them to be effective, so I thought that I would give this 'Instant Eye Make-Up Remover' a try.

The bottle is a simple and attractive design. It is an oval shaped, plastic bottle with a screw top lid. The lid is white with a silver coloured rim, which adds a nice bit of bling! The plastic is a frosted colour, and you can easily see though to the liquid inside.

The make up remover has two layers in it, it looks really cool in the bottle! There is a blue layer on the bottom and a clear layer on top, and you have to shake the bottle before you use it so that these two layers mix and the make up remover is ready to use.

It is very simple to use the make up remover once you have shaken it, all you do is apply it to some cotton wool and then rub it over your eyelids and eyelashes. It recommends on the bottle that you use a separate cotton wool ball for each eye.

The eye make up does start coming off as soon as you start wiping your eyes and you don't have to rub too hard to start getting a result.

This product is very kind on the eyes. It doesn't sting your eyes in the slightest, as I have found some make up removers doing, however I do find that this is slightly too mild. I have problems removing all of my eye make up when I use it. Although I manage to get the bulk off, I still wake up with slight panda eyes the next morning. This was quite disappointing since it says on the bottle that it is for 'heavy make up'. I don't even wear that much make up and I still found that it left some behind!

It also states on the bottle that this is a non-oily lotion and I would agree with this. There is no oiliness left behind on my face after use.

The eye make remover is to be used within 12 months of being opened and comes in a 125ml bottle.

I bought this from an online discount beauty store for around £10, though I have seen it in Boots for £14. The Clarins brand is easy to find both online and offline so it is not a hard product to get a hold of.

I think this is a good make up remover for removing the bulk of your eye make up, but I find it too mild to do a thorough enough job. It is kind on the eyes and doesn't leave any oiliness on the skin, but I don't think I will buy another bottle after this one runs out since I just don't think it was effective enough.

• shazzaspannered published 07/01/2009
    I have to admit I'm not a fan of Clarins products. Good review though! x
  • JoannaPiano published 28/11/2008
    I tend to like most Clarins products despite the prices. jo
  • redeyes22 published 23/11/2008