Review of "Clarks Edeible Petal Ladies Shoe"

published 09/11/2010 | mumsymary
Member since : 23/09/2002
Lucky me I got to choose the category for the library book this month (Gardening) .... But sadly so far only one out of about 20 of my suggestions has been accepted. !!! grrrrr
Pro good fitting
Cons none
Design/Style

"A comfy well fitting clarks shoe"

Edible Petal clarks shoe . ciao has made a spelling mistake

Just recently my Achilles tendon has stopped hurting after many years I wanted to wear other shoes rather than just the comfortable Asics gel trainers that I have been wearing.
Although I would love a pair of killer heels some stilettos I thought I was maybe not ready for those yet and went into the Clarks shop to try on some sensible shoes. After trying on several pairs and walking around the shop in them to make sure they were comfortable and fitted well I choose a pair of Clarks Kays Edible Petal.
I need a wide fitting shoe and most of them do look old lady in care home type shoes but these did not look like that they were smart.

These shoes are an everyday shoe they are made of leather. They are available in midnight black, teal green or wine red I choose black as the most versatile colour.

These shoes are a flat shoes they are a casual bar shoe, (no not one to wear at the bar to act casual in) These could be described as a Mary Jane shoe. The bar/strap that goes across the instep has Velcro on it so you thread it through the clasp and pull the strap to the tightness which is comfortable for you the strap then folds back on itself and the Velcro grips it down the strap will go almost the entire width back over the shoe again. The front of the shoe has some patterning there are two small sporty perforated panels that go along from the sides to the front. The heels and toes are plain leather.
This leather is soft.

These shoes feel comfortable on. I am used to comfortable gel soles and to wearing innersoles I wear these new shoes without innersoles and find the underfoot cushioning that these Kays shoes very comfortable . The sole does not really have any grips on it but is flexible,

Because I was slightly wearing other shoes rather than my comfy trainers IO broke these shoes in slowly. The assistant in the shop advised me to wear them indoors and if they were not suitable they would refund me. So for a couple of days I wore them indoors not venturing out to get them muddy or scratched. I found them very comfortable. After that I wore them on shopping trips and then into work all day. I have now broken them in and can wear them all day without even thinking about what shoes I am wearing. I find these shoes very comfortable.

Comfort really is the important thing in a pair of shoes for me. I also do want an attractive pair of shoes and although I have heard crocs are comfortable they are ugly. These Clarks Kays Edible Petal although not trendy are a good looking sensible everyday shoe.

These shoes available at Clarks shoe shops and other retailers that sell Clarks shoes on or off line they cost

I am not sure why they are called edible petal, I guess if I was desperate I could boil them up and eat them. Well probably not they would be hard chewing.

• Coloneljohn published 21/11/2010
    Nice one. I always go for comfort rather than fashion. John
  • tallulahbang published 11/11/2010
    I have a very similar pair that I bought from Asda - I'm sure yours are much better quality though! xx
  • hannahmc3 published 10/11/2010