Review of "Clinique Cherry Pop Lip"

published 05/12/2015 | xd-o-n-z-x
Member since : 13/02/2014
After almost a year off, I'm back!! Looking forward to reading all of your reviews - thank you for all the rates - very much appreciated!! :)
Pro looks good! quality
Cons bit pricey
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"~ * Luscious Lips!! * ~"

I love a bit of Glamour, so I was really pleased to discover that there was a free Clinique Cherry Pop Lipstick with the latest issue of Glamour magazine. The lipstick ‘looks good’ on the outside and is split between two colours; red and gold. It’s looks very smart and the ‘red’ is the exact same shade as the lipstick itself.

The lipstick, as lipsticks go is easy to apply. I like to use a lip brush to apply mine as I find this works better and I apply the lipstick better with a brush than if I just put it on straight from the actual lipstick itself.

It is a good colour; a nice bright red which really stands out. Whilst I don’t have dark skin, I’m not pale either and so the colour goes well with my skin tone. I tend to ‘go easy’ on the eyes when I am wearing this lipstick and so refrain from wearing eyeshadow or anything. The lipstick really draws attention to my lips and lots of people have commented on it when I have been wearing it which always feels nice.

This lipstick doesn’t dry my lips out, in fact I think it actually moisturises them, which is good as lipsticks usually make my lips really dry. It sits well on my lips and doesn’t come off that easily which is good. I usually end up with lipstick all over my teeth at some point during a night out, however that hasn’t happened yet which I am really pleased about.

The lipstick has great staying power. I have work it on three nights out so far and it stays on well. Obviously on a night out you do lots of drinking and so the lipstick does wear off. However, it does last longer than other lipsticks I have tried in the past, and I only tend to need to reapply it once throughout the night out which I think is good.

I would definitely recommend this lipstick. It’s a bit expensive, but oh-so-worth it. I will definitely buy it again once this one runs out.

Thanks for reading!