cherilyn9... 4

cherilyn92

About me: Had a break for a while but I''m back :) I also come under username tinkerbell92 on dooyoo - thanks for the Es :)

Member since:02.11.2010

Lets Get Chubby!

25.03.2012

Advantages:
Attractive design, ease of application and soft

Disadvantages:
Overpriced, colour isn't obvious when wearing and unnecessary packaging .

Gloss?

1. xd-o-n-z-x
  2. ithoughtyoudneverask
  3. ms19

Clinique

So who are Clinique exactly?
Clinique was originally founded in 1968 by a single dermatologist who began with an assumption that hygeine and cleanliness was the beginning to treating all skin conditions e.g. dry, oily, normal or breakout skin. Since then Clinique has been self motivated to customise their products to individual types of skin to suit an individual persons needs. Since then Clinique has created the "Happy" range of perfume for both men and women as well as make-up and of course the skin cae range which is also for both men and women but separate products as gents have a different skin type to ladies.

Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Colour Balm

The new Chubby lip colour has been designed by Clinique to help moisturise lips and give a flirty colour at the same time. For me, what interested me in this product was the look of the product as it looks a bit like a thick crayon with a cilver end and lid and then white writing. The colour of the stick depends on the colour of te moisturiser though and mine is pink as I went for the whopping watermelon. What Clinique say about this product is "Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm is a lip treatment with sheer colour that relieves dry, cracked lips and provides immediate moisturization. The unique pencil-style applicator provides easy to apply sheer soft lip colour and rolls up for ease of use." This comes in a pretty thin box which looks a little camouflagey with cream/beige, light pink and pale green and the actual amount of product that you get is 3g. Still the design of the Chubby Lip Balm is really attractive and quite feminine which gets the thumbs up from me but I do think that the box is probably a little unnecessary and a waste of card.

Why did I buy this product?

Admittedly I was walking past Boots and I saw a Clinique promotional offer for the "Clinique Bonus Time" stating a free bag and several samples when any two Clinique products are bought and I decided that I wanted a new make-up remover... Ok I decided to look for the two cheapest products because it's the week before payday! So I went in and I opted for the make-up remover and a redness solution problem and then treated myself to a chubby liptsick from the range for the £5 Boots points.

Using this product

I was really eager to use this so straight away I tried it and I've worn it most days since really. I was a little disapointed as the colour isn't as obvious when I've applied this to my lips although I do find that it has helped to make my lip less chapped but there hasn't been a massive difference for me in all honesty. I think this would have been ten times better if the colour showed up a bit more on my lips like my lipsticks do but then I suppose this product isn't aimed at being a lip stick but as a balm - saying that there are improvements to be made.

Application

I liked how easy this glided over my lips as it was soft and silky, it wasn't greasy or oily is was just right and this is what I really liked about this product as you always know when you're wearing lipstick and lip gloss can be heavy at times or even a bit too gloopy and then chapsticks can be a little waxy and feel uncomfortable (especially in the summer). In this case the Chubby stick is light and easy to use and easy to grip but litterally the only thing I didn't think too much of was how little the colour showed up a it didn't look the same when I applied as the tip of the stick is but that is one of the only things I have to say really. Another thing I noticed about this product is that I find I do need to reapply a couple of times during the time probably once every three or four hours so I wouldn't say it was long lasting although it could be applied as soon as you feel the colour has gone which is roughly every 30 minutes so in respect of that it's not all that impressive.
Other Colours

Looking on the website there are other colours that can be purchased in this product which are;
- Whole Lotta Honey (A light tanned kind of colour)
- Mega Melon (A tanned pink kind of colour)
- Chunky Cherry (A fuschia/bright pink colour)
- Whopping Watermelon (A baby/fuschia pink colour
- Super Strawberry (Reddish pink colour)
- Graped up (A brownish colour)
- Richer Raisin (Purply brown colour or same colour as a raisin)
- Fuller Fig (A darker tanned colour)

I think that I would like to see some more colours in this range if I'm honest like a glittery range for nights out maybe or even redder ones as I feel eight isn't exactly a big range in my opinion and about 12 would have been better.
Gloss and Absorbency

Looking at the result I wouldn't say that this is the glossiest of products that I've ever come across and I have used a fair few - I think the best way I could compare the glossiness is to say it's the same as most lipsticks which isn't very glossy really and there's no shine. I don't think that this is a bad thing though to be honest as I don't always like the glossy look but if I did then that's what my clear lipgloss is for. As for the absorbency I think it absorbs nicely into my lips but obviously not enough for the colour to just vanish.

when I bought this product I went to the Clinique counter in Boots so I could get the boots points as well (approximately 64p in advantage points - I know I'm stingey!). I also got £5 worth of points because I had spent so much in a single transaction but I still feel that £16 for 3g is a lot to pay really and you start asking yourself if you're paying for the name and advertisement as it probably only costs 50p for Clinique to even make the product in the first place. I would definitely buy this product again but I would buy this when there is a promotion on or even off of ebay as you can get a full sized chubby product for £7.99 plus £1 postage and packing which makes this £7 cheaper than the shops and better value for money although delivery would vary and you'd need to check the authenticity of the product by looking at the feedback before purchasing this product in the first place. On the other hand I can see this product lasting a while as other Clinique products I have last me ages and that's with daily usage.

Conclusion

I would recommend this to a friend but I feel I'm only going to rate this four out of five stars as it's a bit overpriced for the amount that you get, the packaging isn't necessary and you can get this £7 cheaper off of ebay in all fairness. What I loved about this product was the ease of application, how it felt on my lips and the design as it was just unique and stands out as being a Clinique product. It's something I'll buy again but not something that I'll buy all too often as I like obvious colour on my lips and this doesn't quite do it for me.

Pictures of Clinique Chubby Stick
Clinique Chubby Stick NEW-Chubby-Stick-Moisturising-Lip-Colour-Balm - Cl
Clinique Chubby Stick

xd-o-n-z-x 06.07.2014 08:55

vh

ithoughtyoudneverask 26.03.2012 11:07

Great review. It looks very unusual!

dawnymarie 26.03.2012 10:36