Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1 (Sensitive Skin)

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1 (Sensitive Skin)

Review of "Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1 (Sensitive Skin)"

published 21/07/2010 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro It works
Cons None
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Clinique !"

Clinique is one of the world's largest suppliers of prestige makeup and fragrance products. It was launched by Estee Lauder Companies in August 1968. I have always viewed Clinique as an upmarket product and one that is known to have a very good reputation. It is more expensive than other makeup and skin care ranges but I always hear good things about it and that it actually works so sometimes it is worth paying more for something that produces results. I use a number of their perfumes, Happy and Happy in Bloom and really enjoy them but I think where Clinique comes into its own is with their skin care range and routine. They produce some of, in my opinion the best skin care ranges and products out there that really work. I know thier dramatically different moisturiser if a firm favourite amongst a lot of people which unfortunately doesn't work for me but what I use and really like are their toners. These are called their clarifying lotions. In my opinion I would call this product a toner really, used to take off make up and sweep away dead surface skin cells on your face. It claims to make skin appear smoother, softer and with more light reflecting qualities. It also says that your make up will go on better and stay on for longer with use of this product.

The clarifying lotions (which is actually a liquid) are part of their exfoliators range which are said to encourage skin renewal for a smoother complexion. They have gentle formulas which they say are the perfect way to uncover your skin's natural radiance. Up until recently I was using the number 2 lotion but my skin has become so dry that I've decided to switch to Clarifying Lotion Number 1 as this is for very dry to dry skin types.

The lotion is very easy to use. They say to apply twice a day to face and throat all over. To do this you must use a cotton ball although I tend to prefer the cotton pads as I find them easier to use but just as effective. When you apply it your skin actually tingles, the first time I used it it was quite a surprise to feel this sensation but it's actually a really nice feeling. To me I think it shows that the product is working and it also gives my face such a clean, fresh feeling. It's like I'm taking off all the dirt, make up and gunk from my face leaving it tingly clean. I loved this product from the first tiem I tried it. Te feeling whilst you are using it is great and afterwards I have to say that my skin feels really really soft and smooth. I was actually quite amazed at how well it actually does work. I have used cheaper toners before but none had results as good as this Clinique product did. What I like about this one for dry skin is that I find it is really evening out my skin. I did have little patches on dry bits but these, fingers crossed, seem to have gone now and my face is definitely getting better. Clinique claim this lotion will give your face a luminous glow and light reflecting qualities and I would agree agree, my skin looks a bit brighter and more glowing after use.

The other strengths that are available are, Clarifying Lotion 2, for dry to combination skin types, Clarifying Lotion 3 is for combination to oily skin types and Clarifying Lotion 4 is for oily to very oil skin types. They also do a mild version which is for very dry to dry skin types.

The product is quite expensive, a 200ml bottle costs £14 and a 400ml bottle costs £23 but that said, this is a great product that really works and one I definitely recommend.

• hayleigh_18 published 23/07/2010
    I love Clinique!
  • kirstysian published 22/07/2010
    I didn't realise there were different levels? Might have to look into this as it sounds great that it is tailored to your skin. Well reviewed x
  • goldenbat666 published 21/07/2010
    great review!!

Product Information : Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1 (Sensitive Skin)

Spend over £25 and get a free £25 cosmetics pack and free delivery. For sensitive skin. Sweeps away dead surface skin cells. Skin appears smoother, softer, with more light-reflecting qualities. Allows more effective moisturisation. Makeup goes on more smoothly and stays on longer. Provides a cool, refreshing feeling. Provides mild exfoliation, helping to remove dead surface skin cells and speed the natural renewal of skin cells. Gentle for sensitive skin, removes lost traces of makeup solvent. Contains low levels of alcohol.

Long Name: Clarifying Lotion 1 (Sensitive Skin), Clarifying Lotion 3