Clinique Clinique

Clinique Clinique

Cleansing Cloth

Review of "Clinique Clinique"

published 07/07/2004 | Katieshaz
Member since : 01/11/2002
Thank you for your r/r/c. I mainly write reviews about travel and eating out and I love driving my classic Mini.
Pro Cheaper than other designer brands, widespread, staff
Cons May irritate sensitive skin
Length of Use
Use Many of the Products?

"Classic Clinique"

Clinique Laboratories Inc. is one of the world's most famous producers of prestige skin care, makeup, hair and perfume products. Clinique was first launched in 1968 and claims that all cosmetics are Allergy Tested & 100% Fragrance Free. It all started when a Vogue Editor Carol Philips joined Lauder to create a new cosmetic line. Clinique is part of the Estée Lauder group. This includes Estée Lauder, Prescriptives, Origins, M·A·C, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, La Mer, Stila, Jo Malone, Bumble and Bumble, Kate Spade beauty and Michael Kors.

What do they sell?
Make-up (Lip-gloss, lipstick, powder, eye shadow, eye-pencils, nail varnish)
Hair products (Shampoo, conditioner)
Skin products (Soap, spot care etc)
Sun care Products
Men’s Products
Perfume (Happy is the most well known, smells lovely)

They do not test on animals, use high quality products and safety test all of them.

They have a thing called the ‘3 Step System.’ Depending on your skin type (dry, combination etc) you are recommended. There are 3 steps to effective skin care: cleansing, toning and moisturising. I personally don’t use this; I use Liz Earle cleanser, Lancôme toner and Estée Lauder moisturiser. On the website or in-store, you can find out what your skin type is if you don’t already know.

I use make-up and sun care products by Clinique. They have such a wide range of affordable lip-glosses and eye shadows that last for ages and are cheaper than Dior or Chanel. The face powder is also fantastic. I use the Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder that is oil free. The compact is the classic Clinique pearly green and has a mirror, which unfortunately is not that flattering! The powder does work really well though and minimises shine.

They also have a line called Anti-Blemish solutions. The Back and Chest spray (£13.00) really does clear up those pesky spots.

So how expensive is Clinique?
The face powder mentioned is £16.50, the new ‘Gloss wear for lips’ are £9.50, shampoo is £8.00, and facial soap is £8.50. There are so many products so you will probably find it easier to look on the website.

Is it worth it?
I think so yes. I have limited use of their skin care system. People with sensitive skin may find their skin gets irritated. The products are of a high quality and come in nice packaging that can be recycled.

Image:
In part you are paying somewhat to the image. Clinique is a famous brand. You may prefer pulling out a Clinique compact to pulling a generic type compact out of your make-up bag. Even Elle Woods in ‘Legally Blonde’ endorsed Clinique!

My first experience:
I was at the teenage stage where I had some mild acne and needed some light cover up that didn’t cause outbreaks, mainly for when I was going out places. A lovely sales assistant found me a perfectly matching shade for me (I’m quite pale) and put it on for me. Mum had taken me along to buy some, as she is a Clinique fan as well.

Staff:
Another things about Clinique are the pleasant, friendly and helpful staff behind the counters. They all wear white dresses with brass buttons up the front, a bit like nurses. They are not as intimidating as some counter staff but they may look quite scary at first with their hair all pinned up and too much make-up on. The younger ones are more laid back but the older ladies may be pushier. The other day, a friend and I were having a quiet browse at a counter when a lady with grey hair and a loud voice boomed suddenly ‘hello girls! Are you alright there?’ My friend almost started laughing as this lady (who was the counter manager) had bright red lips and nails and obvious lip-liner. Still she was helpful and I purchased some lip-gloss. She was also kind enough to give my friend and I a full sized lipstick sample each. (The colour is ‘All Heart’ and looks really lovely once I’ve toned it down with some sheer lip-balm.)

There are different kinds of staff as well, counter managers, beauty consultants and sales associates.

Locations:
All department stores will have a Clinique counter. Harvey Nichols, Harrods (This is wear the first counter opened in the UK) Selfridges, House of Fraser, Allders, John Lewis and Debenhams. The larger Boots stores may have beauty counters and you will find a Clinique counter here as well.

The website is very helpful. www.clinique.co.uk

• Essexgirl2006 published 24/07/2012
    I'm a Clinique fan too.
  • Credance100 published 22/12/2004
    Sounds like a great product, nice review.
  • Bolly_eggs published 21/12/2004
    very helpful review. sounds like a nice product.

offers "Clinique Clinique"