Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion

A moisturiser formulation developed by a group of leading dermatologists. The finest moisture drink you can give your face and throat.

Review of "Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion"

published 03/03/2007 | charlsayslol
Member since : 01/03/2006
I want to post and rate more reviews than I am but am very busy!
Pro Works well on all skin types (though supposedly for dry skin), lasts ages.
Cons More expensive than other brands (though it does last for ages to make up for it).
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Smooth heaven in a bottle"

This moisturiser from Clinique is arguably one of the best products I've ever purchased. It is meant to be for very dry to dry combinations, and although I'd say that I don't really have dry skin, this moisturiser is perfect for me.

*Why I love it*

The bottle that I bought contains 125ml of moisturiser, and although I bought this some time in December 2005, my first bottle only ran out a couple of days ago. This means that it lasted for over 14 months, which makes the £26 price tag seem less steep. At slightly less than £2 per month, this is definitely worth my money.

As I said, I don't really have dry skin, and even when my face is oily this moisturiser still seems to work well. The bottle I bought doesn't come with a pump (though some do, at a charge of an extra £1, for easier access), so I just turn the bottle upside down for a second, then open it the right way up (obviously) and a small amount of moisturiser is left in the lid. I do this because the amount left in the lid is the perfect amount that I use on my face, and also because as soon as you've used a lot of the bottle its hard to get your finger in to get more moisturiser out.

I only have to apply a little bit and my face feels instantly smoother, and any dry or flakey skin looks instantly like normal soft skin. I find that this moisturiser is especially useful in the start of winter, as the change in temperature gives me chapped lips and dry flakey skin in patches, though when I use this after exfoliating my skin looks normal again. Also in summer, as i have naturally pale skin which burns on suggestion of sun, I am thankful that i have this product at hand. Even when my skin is red, sore and flaking (lovely I know, but thats the price I pay for having red hair and pale skin), this moisturiser soothes my skin and adds lost moisture, and works much better than normal after-sun.

My bottle that recently ran out (though was instantly replaced because I can't live without this stuff) probably would have lasted longer if I hadn't used so much in summer, but even though I used copious amounts for about 3 months and enough each day in other seasons, this still lasted for an impressively long time.

*Packaging/pricing/extra*

The two times that I've bought this product I have gotten it in a 125ml bottle which is a cuboid shape with a metal cylindrical lid. It comes in a green box that just fits the bottle, with the name of the product on and the clinique logo, as well as information about the product in 5 different languages (English, French, German, Spanish and Italian). The RRP is £26 (£20.80 per 100ml).
You can also buy this in a 50ml for £15, but since this is £30 for 100ml you would be better off buying the bigger sized bottle. You can also buy a 50ml tube version of this for the same price.
If you would prefer to buy this moisturiser in a bottle with a pump then 125ml costs £27 (£21.60 per 100ml), but best value of all is the 200ml bottle which costs £35 (£17.50 per 100ml). However I don't really want a pump on the bottle, so I'll stick with the 125ml sized bottles.

Information about this product and pictures of the containers you can buy it in can be found at http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/products/3step_prod.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CA T3099&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1064

*Conclusion*

I love this moisturiser and swear by it. It is recommended to be used after Clinique Facial soap and then Clarifying Lotion, but I use it without either and have had no problems. I would recommend that you just use it as part of your normal skin care routine, and apply it when you would normally apply moisturiser.

I hope that this review has been helpful to you :)

• Jamz.13 published 27/03/2007
    Great review Jamz
  • Julieshobs published 05/03/2007
    sounds good . Jules.
  • Collingwood21 published 04/03/2007
    I tend to find that Clinique stuff is a bit over-priced for what you get.