Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild

Contains all benefits of Clinique famous facial soap Provides gentle cleansing without stripping Thoroughly removes dirt, impurities & excess

Review of "Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild"

published 01/05/2015 | anwar
Member since : 30/04/2003
All reads gratefully received! If I miss you give me a shout! Thanks for the premium fund ciao!
Pro cleanses well without drying.
Cons expensive, lack of lather may not suit everyone
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"A lack of lather"

I have dry, sensitive skin and have to be careful what products I use on my face. When cleansing my face I do prefer to use something that washes my face as opposed to a cream as I feel that creams can block pores. I have been using Clinique mild facial soap with good results. I recently received a £10 voucher to use in Debenhams and decided to treat myself to a bottle of liquid facial soap as my bar was nearly finished.

Clinique liquid facial soap comes in a mint green plastic pump action bottle. The addition of a silver collar around the top gives the bottle quite a classy look. The soap comes in several variants including dry/combination skin, oily skin and extra mild. I opted for the extra mild formula. I paid £16 for a 200ml bottle, but as I had a £10 voucher it bought the price down to a more affordable level!

Clinique claim that using this soap will cleanse skin without stripping it of essential lipids. They also claim that the formula will help to loosen flakes leaving skin smooth without any drying effects.

My opinion.
*****************

The first thing to say is that I really like pump action dispensers and this one works well and I find that just one pump gives me enough soap to cleanse my face and neck. I can’t detect any particular scent from this soap although it does have a slightly citrus note. Clinique recommend you use the soap with warm water, lathering between your palms before massaging your face and neck. I have to say that despite rubbing my palms together the soap doesn't produce lather, unlike the soap bar.

However despite the lack of any lather the soap does feel pleasant as I massage it over my face and neck. It does a good job of removing make up and general grime and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. Best of all it doesn’t dry my skin or leave me with that horrible tight feeling you get after using some cleansing products.

Clinique recommend you use this soap as part of a 3 step cleansing regime; cleanse tone and moisturise. However I am lazy and most of the time I just cleanse and moisturise.

I don’t often wear eye make up but when I do I use an eye make up remover lotion to remove it as I don’t fancy using soap ( however mild) near my eyes.

I have been using this soap for several weeks now and am pleased with the results. On balance I think I prefer the soap bar but only because it lathers!

• justarube published 03/09/2016
    VH
  • CelticSoulSister published 11/05/2015
    Well reviewed!
  • beautybuff published 09/05/2015
    a bit too mild then?! I know people who use this to clean their make up brushes and sponges x

offers "Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild"